Carry-on Luggage ?'s LV vs. ....

I have a mono 55 with strap, and to be honest, I'd suggest you get something in 45 or 50 instead if you're planning to carry it on, because IMO, the 55 gets too big and bulky. If I could make a choice all over again, I would've gotten a damier 50 with shoulder strap (at least I think that's the damier that comes with a shoulder strap), because vachetta is a nightmare, and it's only recently (I've had mine for 14 months now) I've allowed myself not to be totally paranoid about it.

I have a mono 55 with strap, and to be honest, I'd suggest you get something in 45 or 50 instead if you're planning to carry it on, because IMO, the 55 gets too big and bulky. If I could make a choice all over again, I would've gotten a damier 50 with shoulder strap (at least I think that's the damier that comes with a shoulder strap), because vachetta is a nightmare, and it's only recently (I've had mine for 14 months now) I've allowed myself not to be totally paranoid about it.
So you have damier 55;) Only 55 comes with strap, lol

My friend bought a bicycle chain and locks her LV luggage around the bar in the closet or a piece of furniture. It may sound strange but she said a relative got luggage stolen on vacation and she will not take any chances. She always has the key on her and can notice if anything is wrong with her luggage. We have done stranger things to our bags so to me this is just another normal thing one might do.

I use a Keepall 55, but never attach the strap. It's very used now, since I take it everywhere. I love it! Not too flashy or anything, but I do get nice comments on it usually :smile: I never check it in though.

Buy both and decide on each trip..!

i bought a keepall 45 in january brought it with me to new york and on a cruise and let me tell you, i love carrying it ;) of course i had a bit of a heart attack when i set my bag down in a plastic bin at the security checkpoint to protect the vachetta from dirty conveyer belts and the dude was about to take my bag out and put it on the dirty belt! it was just FINE where it was but i'm going, "PLEASE DON'T PLEASE DON'T PLEASE DON'T PLEASE DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" lol he probably thought i was nuts but i wanted to say 'get your grubby hands off my $900 bag!' lol. but i loooovvvve carrying it ;) i love the looks it gets!

i know what you mean about the dudes at security handling your expensive bags..... i travel with my Lv Abesses and gucci duf and i get so nervous going through security! it freaks me out when they take my bags out of those plastic containers.........sorry OT

i would say buy both! cuz then you wont stress about the which choice to make