Carriers who lie

Don't get me started. I've had someone else's meds delivered to me, packages I was expecting misdelivered, items marked as delivered online and show up 1-2 days later and packages requiring signature, someone is home and rather than come to our door they leave a slip in the mailbox for us to pick up and later swear up and down no one was available! No problems with UPS or Fedex. Look up USPS stories. Laziness is an epidemic. Why is it that junk mail is on time and plentiful but any sized package is krytptonite to a carrier?

What you said! To avoid walking to our front door, we have had USPS jam packages into our mailbox that we have to wrestle to get out, and leave the mailbox door open with a package on top of it and a rubber band holding the whole mess together. Nothing like screaming "Here's a package to steal!!" for people driving by. The other day I checked tracking on a package and it was "available for pick up" at the post office. Checked the box and there was a slip. We were home all day and they didn't ring the bell...

I am in the middle of this kind situation. I ordered something from the seller in Germany and it was delivered by DHL who passed it to Parcel force. However, it was delivered by Royal Mail, which apparently is the same company with Parcel force.

It said it was delivered and signed by me, who was out of the country at the moment. And our porter nor neighbors have seen the package or aware of the delivery, though there were other deliveries that day :sad:

After the dingdong investigation, royal mail accepted that they delivered the package but they cannot trace the journey of my package. Well except the bit that it was delivered to me with signature. It has been quite a month with me calling them every 2 or 3 days and no update yet, so I start to be doubtful and skeptical.

Yes! It just happened to me yesterday with USPS. I was expecting 3 packages, and when I checked the tracking nrs. they all showed delivered, while my mailbox is empty! Since this was the 1st time I ever encountered this, I freaked out, thinking that someone else is now having my goodies. Called my local PO and guess what the lady on the phone asked me?
"Did you give the mail person enough time to deliver your packages? Sometimes they scan the package first and deliver it later"
SAY WHAT?? Since when is this OK?
I ended up getting my packages at the very end of the day, but they were marked delivered at 12:07 PM.
I've had so many problems with USPS lately, since my old mailman retired. Packages with SC they simply signed themselves, or not ask for one at all. Slips in my mailbox while I was the whole day at home. Packages were thrown in front of my garage door, while it would only take them a miserable 7 more steps to reach my porch.
I filed complains so many times, but to no avail.

Reactions: Roku and caannie
Yes! It just happened to me yesterday with USPS. I was expecting 3 packages, and when I checked the tracking nrs. they all showed delivered, while my mailbox is empty! Since this was the 1st time I ever encountered this, I freaked out, thinking that someone else is now having my goodies. Called my local PO and guess what the lady on the phone asked me?
"Did you give the mail person enough time to deliver your packages? Sometimes they scan the package first and deliver it later"
SAY WHAT?? Since when is this OK?
I ended up getting my packages at the very end of the day, but they were marked delivered at 12:07 PM.
I've had so many problems with USPS lately, since my old mailman retired. Packages with SC they simply signed themselves, or not ask for one at all. Slips in my mailbox while I was the whole day at home. Packages were thrown in front of my garage door, while it would only take them a miserable 7 more steps to reach my porch.
I filed complains so many times, but to no avail.
This is so true; it is so sad that there is no consistency with USPS. It's all about the luck of the draw - who you get as your designated area carrier.

I hate OnTrac. Worst courier ever, I am surprised they are still in business. I think it's because Amazon and Sephora employs them. I am not an Amazon fiend but my roommate is and I always find her packages in the front of my apartment building, where they can get easily stolen because we don't have a private drop box and our apartment isn't gated. Thankfully our neighbors are not thieves and we don't live in a bad neighborhood, but still. Whenever I see an Amazon package, I will usually walk it over to my neighbors' doors because I don't want whatever they ordered to be stolen. Twenty or so years ago, Amazon used to use USPS; why they switched over to OnTrac is beyond me. I guess it's because people are obsessed with free shipping and OnTrac was a lot cheaper to for them in the grand scheme of things. Anyway, I can't tell you how many times my roommate's stuff got misdelivered or lost because of OnTrac's lazy and incompetent delivery men.

DHL is not great in the US (at least in my experience), but I know European sellers/storefronts like using them because they are good in Europe and it's too expensive to use UPS and FedEx, which are better couriers for US. Personally I just wish they would ship standard express mail, but I know that is not a popular option.

I know people have had issues with USPS, but I have never had an issue with them with packages and I've moved a lot. UPS is ok in my book, I don't think they're great but no UPS delivery person has lied about handling my packages and delivery the,. Worst one is fedex for me. I've had things signed for without my permission or just dropped off at my porch where signature is required...at least I've never had anything lost!

There was a postal worker here in Washington state who actually dug a huge trench with a backhoe on his property to bury thousands of pieces of undelivered mail. He'd apparently been not-delivering it for years and getting away with it. Basically out of sheer laziness.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Investigators-Disgraced-mailman-caught-burying-4392117.php

Another thread reminded me to mention that one of my pet peeves are shipping carriers who lie.
They say that something was delivered when you know it clearly wasn't.
I'm not talking about delivered to the wrong address, etc., but literally, the package is still on the truck but they mark it as delivered and then either deliver it later or it doesn't get delivered.

This is most common I believe with the notorious Amazon carriers like OnTrack, but I've seen USPS do it beofre too.

Obviously, this cannot be done with parcels requiring signature.
Has anyone ever experienced this phenomenon?

On a side note, I also noticed that the trend of leaving packages in my backyard has become more common, which is so weird. It happened to me twice. I guess in that situation it's not technically a "lie" because the parcel did arrive but in my backyard... so strange

There is a NOTORIOUS substitute mail carrier in my town - once she put my package in the garbage pail (it was on the porch because it was trash day & I like to clean my garbage pails before bringing them back in!) When I complained she was like "Oh, I thought that's where you like hide mail" WTF?

I came home the other day to find my mailbox stuffed with mail for people who don't even live on my block. Or possibly in my neighborhood. Sure, you can blame whoever sorted the mail but seriously, WTH? And then, later in the day, I got a delivery of my own mail. I miss the days when I knew my carrier by name.

I once had a crazy expensive package (~$20K value) required signature shipped by UPS and the driver decided to give it to my neighbor's lawn man. Not my neighbor, but his lawn man!!! I got home about 30 mins late, and the tracking showed it was delivered and signed for by the person whose named I've never heard of. I called the company I ordered the item from, their rep call UPS rep, after a bunch of phone calls back and forth, UPS customer rep got back to me and said MY lawn man signed for it. I was furious because my lawn man didn't come that day, and his name was not the name shown in tracking number. Anyway, lucky for me, the neighbor's lawn man was honest so he gave my neighbor the package the next day, and it finally got to my hand that evening when I got home. Regardless, how crazy or stupid one has to be to figure it was okay to give a package for the next door's lawn guy???!!