Carlys on the short folks?

1. I'm short, only 5'2 and bigger bags tend to over power me. But, I LOVE the look of the Carly. Yet every time I try it on even the medium is too big, but the small is too small....I'm sad that no Carlys seems to fit me just right. :sad:

Anyone else lusting after a certain purse but for some reason it doesn't look right on you? Any short people here with Carlys?

Darn you Carly for being so slouchy and sexy, darn you! Maybe if I wear higher heels....
  2. I'm 5'2 and I have 2 large Carlys but then I do love large bags because I tend to carry around lots of stuff.
  3. I would just get it and take it home and try it out. I can't imagine that the medium is too big for you.
    Just my thoughts, I know you've got to love what you are carrying so....
    just try it.

Didn't they make a different size Carly for Macys, did anyone else say that or did I imagine it? :confused1:
  4. It's probably just what you think about it. I am 5'10" and still prefer the medium carly, I LOVE her!!! If you haven't tried it without the stuffing, definately do so because carly w/o stuffing is TOTALLY different!!!
    Good Luck!! :tup:
  5. I am here to commiserate with you about being short. I am even shorter than you - 5'1" - and I feel the same way about being overpowered by big bags. Us short gals have it really bad because we need to carry just as much as the tall gals! ;)

I really don't think the medium Carly would look too big on you. It may feel too big for you, especially if you are used to carrying smaller bags, but I am sure it doesn't look awkward at all. Get one and try wearing it around the house for a couple days to see if it grows on you! :yes:
  6. I am 5'3" and have 2 medium Carly's. They are not too big at all for me. I wish I could go up to a large in order to hold all my stuff, but that size definately looked too big.
  7. I'm 5'2" and have a medium Carly. I think it's a great size, not big at all.
  8. I'm 5' and have both a medium and a large and I love both.
  9. I'm 5'5" so not short, but not tall either, I'm pretty average. I have the large Carly and love it. I think the way the bag slouches makes it look a little better on shorter people too.

Besides, at least you won't look like this *L*:
  10. I'm 5'2" and I have a large Chocolate Carly, but with the slouch and all, I really don't think that it ends up looking too overwhelming. I would recommend trying on the bags without the stuffing and your stuff inside to see how they would actually fit you if you bought one.
  11. OMG what IS that? It looks like a giant garbage bag!!!!
  12. It's one of the Olsen twins with an overwhelming bag. Both of them are really petite but that bag really does nothing for her.
  13. I agree. The stuffed bags don't show the true look of the bag.

I personally think the mediums are too small.
  14. I think you could DEFINITELY wear a medium and it will look fine. My sister-in-law is your height and wears the medium. It looks great! I have NEVER thought it was too big for her. If you LOVE the bag then by all means GET HER! :tup:
  15. I think the medium will be absolutly fine on you. I'm 5'4" and I love my large carly. If you've never carried a bigger bag, that may be why it feels overwhelming but once you get used to it, it's fine!