Caring for Chanel CAVIAR Leather

Are you saying your bag shows wear on the corners or you're just worried that it might? Please don't tell me that it does... as a Balenciaga girl, I am really looking forward to not having to baby my GST!

I have two balenciagas and knowing the softness of the leather, i baby my Bbags. I heard that the caviar leather is supposed to be a lot more durable.
After 3 months of use, the corners are starting to show wear, but i'm worried it might get worse. so I'm looking for a way to prevent that. any suggestions? :shrugs:

I've never had one before, and now I have two (GST and medallion tote). Typically I protect my nice leather bags with a good quality waterproofing spray before their first use.

Should I do this with the Chanel bags, or are they best left untreated?

Thank you so much. I'm so happy to have found this forum and so appreciate everyone's knowledge and advice.

Thank you!

- Diane

should I buy the apple care (cleaner & conditioner) for my white caviar?? is this useful if color-transfer happen to my bag? just for pre cautions cause I don't live in US, and afraid it might be hard to find one here..

I know that applecare/appleguard will NOT darken light leather (well except Louis Vuitton vachetta) and is an excellent cleaner in addition. But I would not use the applecare CLEANER, it can dry out delicate leathers. when in doubt, pick a small area on the bottom of the bag and proceed SLOWLY!!!!

Reactions: Stella73
I tried the Apple cleaner and it didn't work! Wonder why they call it a cleaner? The condition did the job instead.

S, you can order it from leatherstuff.com and ship it via VPOST. THey have free shipping offers from time to time, so buy when they have the offer!

^I bought my apple garde products from leatherstuff.com. :yes: I have the cleaner, conditioner, and rain/stain repellent. I recommend all three products! I've used them on almost all of my Chanel bags, including my white jumbo caviar.

Oh thanks A, I will check on the offer..... and thanks to the other ladies too for the tips...;)

I tried the Apple cleaner and it didn't work! Wonder why they call it a cleaner? The condition did the job instead.

S, you can order it from leatherstuff.com and ship it via VPOST. THey have free shipping offers from time to time, so buy when they have the offer!