Caribbean Cruise question

1. I am planning to go to Caribbean in Dec. I have never been there and am not sure if I should go to Western or Eastern first. I am trying to decide between the following two routes. Any suggestions?

Eastern Caribbean:sad:Princess Caribbean Princess, 5 stars)
    Sun Dec 3 Fort Lauderdale, FL 5:00pm
    Mon Dec 4 Princess Cays, Bahamas 9:00am 4:00pm
    Tue Dec 5 At Sea
    Wed Dec 6 St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles 9:00am 6:00pm
    Thu Dec 7 St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 7:00am 6:00pm
    Fri Dec 8 At Sea
    Sat Dec 9 At Sea
    Sun Dec 10 Fort Lauderdale, FL

Or Western Caribean (Princess, Star Princess, 4.5 star)
    Sat Dec 2 Fort Lauderdale, FL 5:00pm
    Sun Dec 3 At Sea
    Mon Dec 4 Ocho Rios, Jamaica 8:00am 5:00pm
    Tue Dec 5 Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands 7:00am 4:00pm
    Wed Dec 6 Cozumel, Mexico 8:00am 6:00pm
    Thu Dec 7 At Sea
    Fri Dec 8 Princess Cays, Bahamas 9:00am 4:00pm
    Sat Dec 9 Fort Lauderdale, FL 7:00am

2. Bon voyage! If you are into shopping as well as a glorious time in the caribbean, I'd recommend the eastern route which stops in St. Thomas. They have an astonishing amount of jewelry shops among other things! :heart:

3. LV store and cheaper too?:shame:

4. I would definitely do the Eastern Carribean first if you can. I guess it depends on what you want to do when you get to the islands. Cozumel and Bahamas has great snorkeling. We avoid Ochos Rios if we can, Grand Cayman is alright but definitely overated. Either way you're going to have a great time! We leave this next Monday for our cruise, can't wait!

5. That's a tough question.

I'd look at the optional activities available at each port and choose the route that has more that interest you.

I did a Royal Carribean eastern cruise about ten years ago that was really similar to the one you are considering -- it was great, I snorkled in the bahamas, shopped, and went on a "rum cruise" ticki boat in the virgin islands.

But my brother just went on the western one and he signed up to swim with dolphins and sting rays. They also had an optional trip to Mayan ruins which I would have thought was really cool.

So just look at the details -- all of those islands are lovely (jamaica is a bit seedy, but the tourist part is probably fine) so you really can't go wrong! Both include Bahamas snorkling, which I loved:heart:

6. Been to both... Shopping is definitely better in the Eastern, both are fine for sightseeing and beach lounging. Be prepared to say "NO, thank you" to a whole lot of people, on and off the boat. Everybody will want to sell you something.

7. hmmm....just did a quick view of the lv stores on their website and I don't think they are in USVI? Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong!

8. Eastern. St. Maarten was wonderful! (Watch out for all the stores selling fake Louis Vuitton, though!) They have the most gorgeous colored diamonds!

9. Eastern for sure. I was on the Caribean Princess last March, it was wonderful.

Oh, if you do go east and you go to St Maarten, please be careful of the nude beaches, we went to one by accident when we were there lol.

10. In St. Maarten, Orient Beach is the clothing optional one.

11. I went on a Royal Caribbean Cruise similar to the Eastern one and I loved it! Great shopping(thought ahead and brought large empty suitcase. LOL). It was lots of fun! There's a beautiful jewelry store there that sells tons of gorgeous natural/not lab created Emeralds. The island activities are fun, too(glass bottom boat drinking, snorkeling, parasailing, etc...). You are going to have so much fun!:yahoo:

12. I went on the same exact route (Eastern Carribean on Princess) and it was fantastic. You'll have a great time w/all the shopping in St. Marteen and St. Thomas.
    Have a great trip.

13. I'm sure you'll enjoy either one. A lot of the shopping is the same at every port, but St. Thomas & St. Maartin definitely have some of the nicer stuff! In terms of excursions, you'll probably be offered a lot of the same opportunities on either cruise. I personally prefer those with the fewest "at sea" days. Hope you enjoy your trip!

14. do the eastern route with the carribbean princess

it is AMAZING

i :heart: st.thomas!!!

15. The Netherland Antilles (specifically the ABC's - Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao) were fun. If you make it to St. Thomas, can you take a side-trip to Tortola or Virgin Gorda? Lots of shopping in St. T's, especially near where the ships come in. St. Johns has a little shopping area called Mongoose Junction, but other than that a quick bus ride around the island is about all you'll have to do there. Although, some of the beaches were to die for! No matter which one you choose - have a wonderful trip!