Career/Networking Section??

1. Hi There,
    Can we have a forum for career/networking? I don't know about anyone else - but I need a way to FUND my bags :yes: and just starting a new business, would love to meet/chat with people about business as well.

What do you guys think?

Lisa

2. I think that would be an excellent idea!!!:nuts: I know I've been trying to get into the consulting industry myself and it's one of those fields where networking is extremely important. Unfortunately, people that I run into at my alumni function in my area tend to be in the mortgage industry so they couldn't help me much and trying to do this via job websites or company website usually means the resume disappears into a blackhole.:push:

I'm sure we're not alone in this. I think there're many professionals on this forum who are probably in the same shoes or are looking for talented individuals. A career/networking forum will definitely help many of us get started on the right foot.:yes:

3. I love this idea! I think starting a career/networking section would be a great place for us to talk about our jobs, connections, referrals, etc.

Great idea!

4. I'll see what Vlad thinks... this could be really helpful, but I also foresee a bit of mayhem if someone happens to post about an amazing job opening and all these people are vying for the spot (I really do think ahead :shame:smile: But yes, it is a good idea and I will see what he thinks

5. Just a thought, I know we use General Discussion for this, and maybe it is fine to keep it that way, but what about a Job/Career forum?

OR, is the General Discussion area good enough? I know not everyone works and may not like to see that forum bogged down with things that won't pertain to the "general population", not meaning to offend anyone, I am just asking...thanks!!

6. Or not... :lol: No one has said a thing... :roflmfao:

7. I'm sure I'm not the only tPF member to wonder about this, but do you think we might need a career/job thread? Currently, any type of threads asking for advice on career changes or how much the discount is at whichever retail store is left in General Discussion or Money Talks or in the Handbags section for whichever Handbag company they want to work at (but what about the department stores?!). Career/Jobs do fall under several categories but I think it deserves its own thread ;) With so many young ladies here trying to figure out how to fund their bag obsessions, I'd think this might be useful, no?

Just my two cents!

p.s. this could include all "future life" related things, so we can include college admissions as well !!

P.P.S: I meant to say SUB-FORUM, not thread!!! lol

8. GOOD idea, i second this. :yes:

9. I don't think a single thread is a good idea. There are so many questions about jobs/school that lots can get lost. I know I would not take the time to look through one giant thread, although right now I'm happy to open individual inquiries.

10. yah, sorry i wrote in my first post in the P.P.S. that i meant a sub-forum, not a thread. lol you're right. one thread for all job / college related discussions would be way too general...

11. I love the idea of a jobs/career/school/networking sub-forum. Maybe one of the rules for it is we CAN'T post job openings? Would that help with your concerns Megs? I'm sure you can see the Everyone here has such a broad range of careers/experiences/etc. I think it'd be good for us to be able to pick each others brains for advice without it getting lost in general discussion.

12. Didn't we used to have a Jobs section? And a whole lot of other sections? Did they get removed for any reason? Or did I dream the whole thing LOL

13. I know you guys are super busy, and have just opened the travel sub, and given BE & RM their own sections as well but......

do you think you guys would entertain the idea of a career/college/whatnot type sub? I think making it for networking would get very messy, but if it was general advice seeking (eg. should I take my logo bag? how to deal with morons? interview tips) it could be useful. I know there are places like that for specific fields, but I like the variety and differences of opinion/life experiences the group here has.

Anyway, I was just wondering.

p.s. you guys are amazing, and thanks for all the hard work you do to keep this place for us:flowers:

14. Yep, I know it is not a brand, but I do think it could prove useful to a lot of people. :smile:

15. I vaguely remember there being a Jobs Jobs Jobs subforum or something similar. Did I dream that? Or was there an employment section on tPF for a while?