Care tag information

1. Someone said that the care tag on a scarf identifies the person who hemmed it, I think? Is that right? I see a little symbol after the iron symbol. Is that it?

2. interesting--anyone?
  3. Not really.
    On the older care tags, the longer ones, you can sometimes find numbers or letters. There has been a rumour that these letters or numbers identify the roulleteuse (lady who handstitches the hem) and that only the most senior roulleteuses are allowed their own 'labelled' tags. I haven't seen this rumour confirmed, nor denied neither. I haven't seen any letters/numbers on the new short care tags, though...
  4. Okay, I've got to find that post.
  5. No one has to agree with me, IMHO the whole roulotteuse story is an urban myth that has a life of its own. :tdown: Someone heard it from an SA and everyone now believes it.

My reason for disbelieving this story is that the letters A, B , P & M keeping popping up on everybody's scarves as if 4 ladies sewed half of the scarves on this planet. And there is something like a million new scarves a year...

Well, that's my story and I sticking to it LOL :yes:

PS there are letters underneath the new shorter tags - but you have to look under the tag to see them
  6. I'm trying to find the post, but in October a few members went to a scarf event in SCP and this question was asked of the gentlemen doing the Hermes scarf demonstration. I believe they did acknowledge that it did identify the hem roller.
  7. I was just reading that thread today...

It was from HG and Gigi attached it to that thread :yes:

hermes scarf tag.jpg