Cara creasing issue

You're right, I think I am going to pop into mulberry with it and see what they say. my husband has suggested (afterm uch rolling of eyes) to loosen the side straps and stuff it full of paper so the leather gives a bit at the sides and stretches to the point where it doesn't touch.
And yes the lion rivet bag is so coveted. When the Cara first came out I went and tried to get the two they had at Harrods and both were sold out. They let me see a sold one, but that's the only time I've seen it in real life. You lucky duck!

Let me know how you get on with mulberry. I am going to try Gem's way and see if that helps.
BTW I just love your Caras, Gem, especially the lion rivet - just wow!

Hi,

I have added to the post on 'How much does my bag weigh' for weights of medium and large black nappa quilted, Oxblood (as this comes in large for Oak and Oxblood but no external rear zip) and Blue camouflage.

Re the crease, I looked at images of the bag being carried over the shoulder, and none of the ones on the Mulberry website show the bag clearly being held in this way; either you cant see or the model has her hand over the flap. There is a photo of Cara at a music festival holding the bag over her shoulder and the flaps are up, looking as if they have been 'styles' that way possibly to avoid the fact that they are creasing up.

I think this is a design fault (on Cara's part - as if!!) - Cara is 'grungey' and therefore maybe the bag is meant to be all out of shape - the photos of her with the bag show it with flaps pushed up, and out of shape like a child's lunchbox, which IMHO isn't at all right for the leathers they have used for the bag itself.

Good luck today at the shop.

My heart was set on a large black quilted but I really LOVED the blue camouflage one, except the zip made it look like an old lady's shopping trolley (I thought it just needed the wheels and long handle to complete the look) and it weighed a ton. Also I have concerns that the black nappa may crease horizontally in time which I dont think would be right for this bag.

If you look on Samorga, while there isn't a specific CARA liner if you type in the dimensions there is already a generic liner on there which will fit, although it may not be tall enough.

Just a quick update: I did stuff it full for 24 hours with the stuffing the bag originally came with, and loosened the side straps a notch. I took it out yesterday and there was minimal rubbing on the flap. Not perfect but definitely an improvement.

Just a quick update: I did stuff it full for 24 hours with the stuffing the bag originally came with, and loosened the side straps a notch. I took it out yesterday and there was minimal rubbing on the flap. Not perfect but definitely an improvement.

I'm glad it's helping if it bothers you Id still go to mulberry your particular bag might be defective and maybe they can exchange it for you for one that doesn't have that issue. It's such an expensive bag you shouldn't have to settle especially if you paid full price!

Hi ferrylights

I just wondered how you got on with your cara?

I think this is a very common problem for a lot of the Mulberry bags with a top flap and shoulder strap, especially those with the straps on the side near the D-ring for the shoulder strap to keep the gusset in (e.g. Alexa and their variations, Heritage Bays)

I am not too sure abt Cara but for my Travel Day bag the situation is still alright as the leather is soft enough

I have the creasing, and also if its not full the body of the bag creasing inwards, I wish it were more structured. Has anybody here had any defects with it? The D ring has come off, sent away for fixing with no apology, and on Tuesday the buckle from the side has come off, sending it back for a 2nd time.

I'm coming way late into this thread, but if you loosen the sides to the last notch, and pull the sides of the cara out, the D ring will not touch the upper flap of the bag at all! Though, you will not be able to have that cinched-in look.

I was a bit worried about this when I first got my Cara. I have the large in camo goat and the sides of the flap have become only a little bit creased and I almost always wear it on the shoulder. It seems to plump/smooth out quite well when I remove the strap from the sides though x

I have the blue camo mini Cara. I use her as a shoulder bag, but always cross body. That way the straps are pulled apart and don't touch the flap. I also loosened the sides because I wanted to be able to put my multi zip pouch in it.