Canvas strap for Kelly

Ok......my canvas strap just arrived this morning (THANK YOU, PETE!) so i thought I'd show how it looks attached to my old bag actually in action.

So, here's my 32cm black Box vintage Kelly with her new canvas strap. I think it hits at just the right place and gives the old girl (and I'm not talking about me here.....:rolleyes: ) a bit of a casual spin.

Attachments

• canvaskelly1.jpg
    canvaskelly1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 781
  • canvaskelly2a.jpg
    canvaskelly2a.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 591
That looks perfect D! Is that a 32 cm Kelly? Mine arrives on Monday.

Oh, you must post the pic in the 'today's scarf' thread too... love the plisse!

Rose Yes, mine is a 32cm and the truth is that I like 28's on me a little better but I can't part with this one......I just love it, you know? Even though a smaller size would "fit" me better and I find this a tad big for me proportionally, I just can't part with this one........

Ok......my canvas strap just arrived this morning (THANK YOU, PETE!) so i thought I'd show how it looks attached to my old bag actually in action.

So, here's my 32cm black Box vintage Kelly with her new canvas strap. I think it hits at just the right place and gives the old girl (and I'm not talking about me here.....:rolleyes: ) a bit of a casual spin.
canvaskelly2a.jpg

Wow, absolutely FABULOUS!!!!

Smom, love the canvas strap; the 32 looks great on you, very proportional. Could you please post a pic of how you attach the bag charm to the strap? It sounds intriguing and I'm not sure if I'm visualizing it accurately. Thank q!

Princess... I bought this from Pete at LZ. It just happened to be the right color and length thankfully because my store here doesn't do SO's. :sad:

Mizzle... I can post a pic of the bag chain a little later....gotta do a little something about dinner first!

Oops...sorry. I missed a page in the thread. I got it. But who it Pete? I am seriously considering a kelly for my anniversary in may and this option may just seal the deal!! I like how it looks on Renee but I love how it looks on you, Shopmom!!!

Thank you so much......I'm pleased with it myself because these vintage bags don't come with straps so I wasn't using her as much as I wanted to. Now I feel like I can use this bag quite a bit!

PRINCESS......A new Kelly comes with a shoulder strap and the strap loop at the handle. If you get a new Kelly, I'd also order the canvas strap as well since the extra length gives you the option to use the bag in this messenger style. The strap that comes with the bag is a fantastic shoulder strap. But I now can see how usefull that canvas strap really is!!!