can't seem to make myself love the baby coco cabas

1. does anyone else feel this way? i guess i was trying to fill a void when i couldn't find a luxe metallic black medium bowler. but now that i found the bowler, i just don't like the baby coco cabas anymore :crybaby: to be honest, i was kind of hesitant at BG when i saw it because i don't particularly like the quilted bottom. i guess it's going back to BG tomorrow....sigh. i really did try to love it. :shrugs: :sad:
  2. what color is your baby coco cabas?
  3. Personally, I don't like it either.

FWIW I think that with a forum such as this one, it is really easy to get caught up in the hype surrounding certain items. It sounds kind of stupid, but even online message boards can be pretty influential.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with you if you don't love the bag. I like it on other people, but it just isn't a bag I personally care to own. No harm in that. Having differnt tastes is what makes life interesting. : )
  4. Well, I haven't tried one on yet, and that is the determining factor for me. But don't feel bad. I don't love a lot of bags that most Chanel boardies love. I don't like the classic flaps! I know, the shame! I just know what I like when I try it on and know what's "me" and the classic flaps aren't. When it comes down to it, it's all about your personal style and preference. If a bag is "you" then it doesn't matter how many people would buy it personally or consider it "hot". In the end YOU are shelling out the money (and a lot of it!) for the bag, so as long as you don't like it, you would only regret it if you kept it!
  5. i have the black baby coco cabas ($1795). it just looks a bit old on me, maybe because of the quilted bottom. but the original cabas that sienna miller is hot! i guess the quilted bottom makes a huge difference. anyway, i'm going to return it to Bergdorf tomorrow around noon so if anyone is looking for should be there. Saskia is my SA.
  6. nothing wrong with you at all! i personally love the baby Cabas, but i do not like the Reissue at all, and am prob the only one on tPF who doesnt. Also dont like the Rock & Chain and it is a highly coveted bag.......
  7. *raises my hand as well* Don't like the reissues or the Cabas for MYSELF personally. I love looking at them when other tPFers are modeling the bags however! Best bet is to just go with what you love and like bulletproofsoul said, buy what fits you, your personal style. If I'm shelling out +1K for a bag, it's going to be one that I'm going to use for awhile.
  8. I love my cabas, but it's not for everyone and that's ok. So, if you are not feeling it- back it goes. For me, I like to feel one with my bag. I want to own it in all senses and if I don't it goes back.
  9. if you must force yourself to like it, then it's probably not worth it. go with your first instinct! besides, just because everyone else likes it doesn't necessarily mean that it suits you.
  10. I am not feeling it either. But, my input on this probably does not carry much weight, since personally, a lot of the Chanel designs are not for me, but they sure look great on tPFers :yahoo: So, the more I see them, the more I know they're not for me. I am boring and go for very structured and streamlined looks, and in neutral colors too. Enough said.
  11. I don't like the reissue either. I think it's a very personal choice and it depends if the bag matches your entire style.
  12. if you don't love it, there's no point keeping it! there are many styles that i love, but others may not necessarily like, and vice versa. At the end of the day it all comes down to different personal tastes, at least this way you can get another bag you'll love a lot more than the baby cabas! =)
  13. get rid of it to get the bag u really love. i personally love the original and the baby but it's a matter of personal taste.
    i don't like most bags that ladies in this forum like too, it doesn''t really matter because u're the one who's going to carry it :yes:
  14. I just returned the baby coco cabas to BG. It's priced at $1795. My SA seemed so happy to take it back because she said alot of her clients were hounding her for one. heheh
  15. awww..its ok! we all like different things, u shouldnt have to keep a purse if u dont love it! now ur baby cabas will have a new mommy who loves her!

i just ordered a coco cabas (large one @ $1925) so i have yet to form a definitive opinion,bc i never seen on IRL!! but, from the pics, i LOVE IT! so, im crossing my fingers!