Can't eat

1. Lately I've been dealing with a ton of stress, all at once, including a lot of significant changes that have been going on, and I'm not the type of person to take changes well, and it's caused my appetite to decline significantly.
    The stress has made me feel sick to my stomach most of the time, so when I do eat, it's not much because my stomach can't handle it.

Yesterday I had a small handful of Honey Nut Shredded Wheat at breakfast, and then 3 or 4 hours later I got a pretzel (one of the large soft ones) and I couldn't even finish that, I ate maybe half of it. And then right before I went to bed I was absolutely starving because the last thing I had ate was the pretzel, so I ate a granola bar.

So now most of the time when I'm feeling hungry I just drink water because it's the only thing that doesn't make me feel sick. Right now I'm eating a little bit of cereal but I'm starting to feel sick again.

What do I do? :sad:
  2. I'm sorry about all your stress. I think your body is locked up... maybe you could try something relaxing... so that you everyday you have some time just for you.... for me yoga works... a sauna.... maybe a massage?
  3. I'm not sure what advice to give, but I'm sorry you are so stressed. I hope you feel better soon!
  4. Sorry to hear this. Perhaps you should talk to your dr. and see if what he can do to help. I hope you feel better soon.
  5. First of all I agree you need to see your doctor to see what he can help do for your stress. If you don't want to take medications try GABA (Gamma Aminobutyric Acid) its an amino acid and helps with stress and anxiety. I take it instead of klonopin or ativan.

Then for the food go get your self some small powerbars and/or runners goo ( yes its actually called goo but its more like a chocolate pudding shot that comes in lots of flavors) You want to pack as much nutrition as you can in the smallest amount possible since you seem at the moment not to be able to stomach much.
  6. You have to find foods that you can eat... and keep eating them, even if it is just a little bit at a time. When I am SUPER upset or stressed, I can not eat either, so I feel ya- but it is very important to be eating too :yes:

Try to see your Dr if this keeps up and talk to him/her about it.
  7. gosh, your post sounds like me.

I started a new job and i've lost about 10lbs in the last few months, mostly bc i'm so stressed out, and i "forget" to eat lunch on my lunch break. so sad, i hate it.

i eat a small bowl of cereal for breakfast bc i know i'll bottom out & feel super nauseated if i don't have SOMETHING because half the time i won't eat until nearly 10-12hr later when i get home from work.

then i go to bed and repeat the cycle.

i like the suggestions about the runners bar & goo.... do they sell it at grocery stores or wal-mart?