can you recommend any nice clubs in NY/NJ for 30 year olds?

1. my friend became a widow at a 26. she just recently started to mention that she really wants to go out. This is a major step for her.
    I want to take her out on a girls nite out, but i want to take her to a club or lounge were there is a nice mature crowd.
    What do you ladies and gentlemen recommend in the NY/NJ area?
  2. sorry for the typo. i tend to type in a hurry before someone at home can catch me online and figure out that yes i am still on this site. very addictive:shame:
  3. Clubs or lounges? Music? If so, DJ music and dancing or live music? There's so much here, you gotta narrow it down.
  4. What do you mean by mature crowd?

Fizz is great on Saturdays. Though it's one half Euro, the other half bankers. It's generally an attractive, wealthy crowd but I've found the people welcoming. People are in their early thirties/late twenties. Women wear designer jeans with a cute top, or a dress. Men wear blazers with jeans. No tennis shoes.

Fizz Restaurant and Club

137 E. 55th St. , New York, NY 10021
    at Lexington Ave.

Between leaving Marquee and heading back to their Upper East Side residences, many a Master of the Universe from Goldman Sachs and Lehman Brothers invest their late-night hours here, hoping to clean up in the singles market. Fizz was a members-only supper club when it first opened, but now only half the visitors (allegedly including Ivana and Ivanka Trump) pay the $1,000 annual fee that guarantees seating in the suave subterranean lounge—which means there's room for you. D.J.s spin house and electronic beats in the main space, while the conversation-friendly bar, secondary lounge, and numerous curtained-off nooks facilitate mergers and acquisitions.
  5. oops, sorry. dancing.