Can you please help me?

1. Hi ladies, I am new to this forum and was recommended by a friend of mine as something has happened to a new buy and I am so wanting some expert advise. I had bought a Birkin through an eBay buyer, who showed me pictures of a 35cm Gold HW Black Clemence. However, when it arrived, it looked a different leather, and the stamp didn't match either. I compared it to a Birkin that I have in Swift, which was bought from the Paris store directly, and I couldn't find any differences that would make it a fake...however, the leather is another story altogether. I also compared it to a blue Clemence that I have (also bought straight from the store, comparison pic attached), and it is definitely not a Clemence. I attach some pictures. Can you ladies please advise on what leather this might be? I feel so cheated actually, as the seller won't reply to my emails. Just some notes on the leather, it has streaks coming down that makes it look like a Fjord, but it's not as smooth a leather as Clemence, in some sense, it kinda "pops" out a little and is rougher. It is also a thicker leather than my Swift and feels slightly thicker than my Clemence. It is soft, but not as soft as my Clemence leather. I attach some pictures, thank you SO much in advance. :confused1:

New-leather-against-Clemenc.jpg Front-View.jpg Front-View3.jpg Front-View2.jpg
  2. Looks like togo from here.

3. You might also want to post on the "Authenticate This Hermes" thread in the shopping section...some of our experts check that thread regularly...

4. Thanks Ms Fashionista, have just done so, didn't realise that there was that thread, how helpful. Hermesgroupie, is Togo rather rough? Ladies, would any of you have close ups of a Togo leather?

If this helps, the bag has no roundish handles, I've been reading the authenticate this Hermes thread and I think it's called doll heads? My handles match the Birkin I bought from the store, but if you think that my black Birkin might be fake in any way, do tell me, I will understand....

... troubled Tickled Pink :sad:

5. It looks like togo to me, also. I have a togo Dogon wallet and it has veining like that in your bag.

6. Hmmm, looks like it could be Fjord, too.

7. Looks very much like Togo, IMHO. I have Clemence and the grain on mine is a little larger and more slouchy.

8. I'm thinking the same thing, Greentea

9. Agree Japster, definitely not a Clemence as the seller said it would be, as my Clemence is softer than this, and somehow, the grain of the Clemence is smoother also? ie...it is a big grain but not rough in a way... am I making sense? or being so troubled that I'm getting confused? :sad:

My grain looks like this pic attached...

Clasp.jpg
  10. Hey ladies, thank you so much for your help.

11. It looks like Togo to me too.

12. yup.. it looks like togo

13. It looks like a very veiny togo to me.

14. Yep! It's Togo!