Can you have just one Birkin?

Hmmm not sure.

I just got my lil cuppa coffee (my 35 Ebene baby) and I tell you, it comepletely cured my caffeine jones! :yahoo:

BUT... I still look at Kelly's and remember Paris. And my youth walking the streets, always trying to make time to get to my favourite bridge and write in my journal...

So while I'm satiated for Birkin right now, I can't imagine letting my Kelly dream fall away unremembered. Somewhere out there is a rigide Kelly, in a shade of red or orange that makes me think off sunsets... waiting for me to find her. :heart:

Angelfish - you romantic!

Today, whilst I was waiting for my bag to be bought out, I found myself looking at a lovely kelly and a bolide. I felt very guilty - like I was being unfaithful before I had even got married!!!!!

:blush:

Another Kelly girl here - I just don't think I'll ever own a Birkin again. It's just not ME like the Kelly is. I used to pine and pine over the "next" H bag. But that was before I finally got the one that was perfect in every way for me. Now, that sense of "always wanting" has subsided a bit, even though I'd still love more. BUT, I truthfully do not HAVE to have more if I couldn't swing it financially or something like that.

SOO, yes it's possible to have only 1 Birkin. But that Birkin has to be perfect in every way for you!! :smile:

Thank goodnes greentea, I was getting worried, I am going to get one bag and pray that I do not covet anymore and just stick with nice h pieces such as belts etc only. I just need to decide what bag! I am just trying to find a nice bag with a shoulder strap I can attach when needed. Wish me luck!! I hope I can live with one bag and not buy more and more!!Lol!

^ I'm not saying that you might not WANT more, I'm quite sure you will. But there's nothing like finding that perfect bag that truly represents you and your personal sense of style. My Kelly is kind of like another appendage! It can go anywhere I want it to - like a trusted old friend.
For your needs, definitely check out Kelly and Bolide.

Thanks Greentea, I will look at kellys, I really like the look of them! I understand what you mean though. I wonder if people felt like the scales had been removed from their eyes when they discovered Hermes? I have known the brand for ages. TPF has ignited a longing for quality items! Hermes is the pinnacle of them all. This sounds crazy, sorry.

greentea, i hope to find the perfect bag as you have with your gold kelly. how utterly satisfying to love your bag and not be pining for the next. it's like finding your soulmate bagwise, ha ha!!!

i think it depends on your wardrobe. if you're a minimalist and your wardrobe reflects that, then i think one birkin in a neutral tone can be enough.

now as for me, i'm sooo far from being a minimalist that one birkin is just not do-able. i have one kelly so far and i'm really itching for another one as well.....preferrably birkingal's potiron chevre!!! YUMMMMY!!!!!