Can you buy Chanel in the Caribbean?

1. I'm going on a cruise in November and would love to buy some Chanel stuff while I'm there. Does anyone know of any legitimate stores in the Caribbean that sell Chanel? I am going to the Eastern Caribbean....St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. Also the Bahamas, but it is a private island (owned by the cruise line) so I don't think there will be much shopping there.

Thanks!!

2. :confused1: Don't know the answers - but have a great vacation.:smile:

3. No, sorry, no chanel boutiques in any of the islands you named, but you can definitely buy Chanel watches in St. Thomas! The prices are much cheaper than the US and you can negotiate.

4. Depending on what you wanted to buy, in San Juan I bought my first pair of Chanel sunnies there. We went to the big mall, I think it's called Los Am....(can't remember the rest) but just tell the driver to take you to the big mall! And on the second floor, there's a sunglass shop that sells Dior, Cartier, Versace, etc. And that's where I got them.

St.Thomas is great if you want to buy watches! My father bought 3 while we were there (Hamilton, Ebel, & Longines). I would assume them carrying Chanel. If your looking for their cosmetics, there are some counters, it's where I purchased my pink lamé!

Hope this helps & have fun!! :yes:

5. I was wondering this too, We are going to Dominican republic, St. Lucia, Tortola, Antigua, Barbados.

anyone know?

6. i was in st thomas a few months ago- no chanel except for glasses.. at about 60-80 dollars cheaper..
    I did not see any watches and I visited the most exp jewelry shop on st johns island...

7. Nice to know about the watches in St. Thomas, I'll look for them. I am going on a cruise to San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten in November.

The only high end bag stores that I have seen in the Caribbean have been a LV in PR, and a Fendi Boutique in Grand Cayman's.

Everyone have fun on their cruises.

8. there are no high end stores in Barbados. I remeber the last time I was there, I was in Bridgetown (capital city) and the close you are going to get for high end designer is sunglasses.

9. There are no Chanel boutiques in the Caribbean. I was told that a couple of years ago while we were in St Barths. Every other designer had a shop there (in St Barths)-- except Chanel. This is where I purchased my first LV bag. Also, the shops charge full price, no discounting, they close for siesta at lunchtime. There are Longchamps stores all over the Caribbean. The store in St Martin on the French side had great prices.
    Beware of many fakes in the Caribbean.
    Grand Cayman has a chain of stores called Kirk Freeport. They have a lovely leather goods shop, but all I can't remember what they carried. High end things, but no Chanel. They also have a wonderful perfume shop which carries all kinds of makeup. The prices are good.
    I would stay away from downtown Bridgetown, Barbados. It's not what it used to be. A little scary now.
    --Judy

10. I would be nervous of fakes! I've only been to St. Thomas and St. John, but alot of the shopping seems very shady... It's so Beautiful there, enjoy your trip!

11. I've been to St. Maarten (not sure if you're stopping there)--no Chanel. They did have sunnies, but the price wasn't much different.

12. I went on the same cruise. St Thomas has awesome shopping right where the cruise ships dock. Authentic stores. There's a Gucci, LV, and a few more high end stores, but don't remember Chanel. I bought a Gucci bag there. Prices are about $100-150 cheaper than the US, plus no tax

13. Yes, at st. barths, there's now a Chanel store. Official Chanel store, so don't worry about authenticity

14. Do they handbags and accessories or only sunglasses and watches? Thx

15. watches