Can This be Fixed? (MJ Stam)

1. [​IMG]

Thinking about bidding - gorgeous bag, great color. Do you think either MJ or maybe Nordstroms could fix this (even for a nominal fee it would be worth it)?
  2. I really don't mean to be rude, but are you sure that bag is authentic? The suede color seems off to me.... it should be burgundy not red. :s

ETA: The purple (the color name escapes me right now) Stam is even more elusive than the petrol one. I would post pictures of the nameplate, serial tag and zipper heads in the Authenticate This thread before bidding.
  3. ^ Nevermind, I found the auction. I believe that bag is fake. Sorry. :sad:
  4. Ugh, that's so sad.... I guess the seller is convinced that the bag is real? The description says it's a floor sample with sku written inside. I guess fakers will do anything to get a bag to pass as real.
  5. what is it that you noticed that makes it fake? I could swear that there was a season with red suede lining - and the nameplate looks good to me (I know it's a little hard to see, but the "R" looks straight not curved. I haven't seen the zippers yet (waiting to hear back) - what do you see?
  6. The suede color is incorrect (should be deep burgundy not orangey-red), the "R" on the nameplate is curved (the seller tried to hide that but if you look close you can still see it), and the leather texture isn't quite right.

If I were you I would definitely avoid this auction.
  7. I just wanted to clarify that only 2005 Stams had suede lining. With the exception of the Putty color (which had blue suede) the rest of the Stams had burgundy suede lining. No Stams were produced with orangey-red suede lining. HTH!