Can someone suggest a good tasting Green Tea?

1. Well 2008 is my year of Good health – which means I need to put aside my whining sniveling self that craves all things fattening:shame: – and focus on putting better quality octane into my body.

Can anyone suggest a good tasting green tea that doesn’t have sugar and other additives?
    The ones I’ve tried are just horrid :yucky::yucky:and I cannot make myself drink them :O
    Any suggestions would really be appreciated J

Thank you!:smile:

2. I buy mine from the Asian market. I don't stick to any particular brand..they all taste pretty similar to me. There's usually about 20-25 bags per box. Hope this helps!

3. Special teas

I love the the Gyokuro Asahina Extra Fine.

They recommend heating water to first sign of steam 140 degrees and first infusion of 1 1/2 minutes.

4. Thank you for your thoughts and Maxter - appreciate the link :smile:
    ordering now!

5. Apricot Green Tea from

www.adagio.com

I buy all of my teas from them. Very good company ! Highly recommend !

6. If you can find it, Mightly Leaf is realllllllllly good. They usually have it at Nordstrom in the coffee bar. I also like Trader Joe's jasmine green tea, loose Japanese green tea from the Asian market or just plain Bigelow's from the grocery store.

7. i have tried so many times to incorporate green tea into my diet (i am a tea addict...literally a minimum of 3-4 cups a day, if not more) but it always makes me nauseous...the only one i have found so far that doesnt is pom green tea. its a little expensive but oh so good! the pomegranate juice is definitely an added bonus health-wise too :tup:

http://www.pomwonderful.com/pomTeaLychee.html

8. If you get a chance call their 800 #. The people who work there are VERY knowledgeable and can give some good advice and recommendations.

9. I really like Arizona green tea. I get the one that's diet with honey. It's zero calories and a little more than zero flavor!

10. ^Love that, but I highly doubt it's 100% authentic green tea.

I usually get mine from TenRen.

11. Guayaki Yerba Mate :love:
    And I agree, Mighty Leaf is good, as is Stash.

12. I don't know if you're the same poster who had a thread about ways to not eat too much at night time, because on that post on mentioned having green tea at night & mistakenly said it was Celestial Seasonings, which it isn't...

I love Jasmine Green Tea & it's by Good Earth. I actually like the taste of plain green tea, so this might still have that taste to you, not sure. I think the jasmine takes over & gives it a really nice taste :smile:

13. Personally I LOVE plain green tea. Try boiling water, and then letting it sit for 1 or 2 minutes before you add it to the tea, then pouring over the tea bag and letting it sit for another minute or two- green tea gets bitter very easily and that is gross. When I first tried GT I hated it because mine always turned out bitter. I also like a Japanese green tea called gen mai cha (I think), which has toasted rice in it. Sounds wierd, but it has a mild, nutty flavor. Bit of an acquired taste, though. My other fave is by a french brand called Mariage Freres, it's called The Sur Le Nil and it's green tea with mild fruit flavors. I'm not a fan of fruity tea usually but this is mild and not too sweet. You can order it from their website (google for the URL, I don't know it off the top of my head).

14. I am loving Lipton's Green Tea with Mandarin Orange right now. I like green tea "OK", but this stuff is yummy! It smells wonderful and has a cute little pyramid tea bag. And since it's Lipton, easy to find.

15. My favorite green tea is Republic of Tea's green chai :tup:

I am not fond of GTs and try to find a way to make them palatable and this one is super good :yes: