Can someone explain using "Magic Eraser" for cleaning LV

1. I've never heard of Magic Eraser...what the heck is it:confused1: ..and how do you use it to clean the Vachetta Leather parts of your bags??

2. I do not recommend it unless the vachetta has darkened so much that you REALLY want to clean it up

3. whats magic eraser?

4. mr. clean magic eraser is a sponge... cleans stuff really well, but kinda abrasive... i'd rather use it for household stuff rather than for my bags.

5. I'm not gonna chance it if its a household cleaning product...:s

6. IT's supposed to get the really deep stains and dirt on your bag but I haven't tried it yet.

Though, I have to say it really does a great job cleaning the house!!!! :yes:

7. i wouldn't either. i haven't used it on my bags, but after hearing how good it was at cleaning, i used it on stuff in my house, and it works wonders! i also heard that it dries out and kinda scratches the vachetta on bags and that scares me!

8. one word of advice...do it gently!! :smile:

9. Those work if you use them really gently. Try it in an inconspicuous place first though. For some of my random dark spots on my newer vachetta, I just use a clean white eraser (like the kind that's on the tip of a pencil, but in WHITE only because the pink will come off onto the leather).

10. i used it to clean one of my coach bags cuz it had some marks...it did the job and didn't leave any other marks aftewards....but then coach's leather is different from LV....

11. I've used magic eraser. It worked really well! I just don't recommend doing it a lot or too often because I think I've gotten to the point where the vachetta dulled a bit. No scratches though and there's no damage.

12. Actually like Rebecca, I've used a real white eraser and it does get out some scuffs.

13. I don't recommend Magic Eraser unless it's a really old bag you don't care about. I used it on an older Speedy 25 (before I bought my new one in February) and ended up having to get rid of that Speedy. While it did lighten dark handles, it was so abrasive that it damaged the leather terribly. No amount of conditioning ever really brought back the sheen and prettiness of the vachetta leather handles. I was SO SO sorry I did it. The bag really wasn't that bad - just a little darker on the top of the handles, but it had a really beautiful sheen before I started with the Magic Eraser. I would never use it on any of my bags now. Any kind of eraser, use carefully, but steer completely clear of the Magic Eraser.

14. I've always been too afraid to use it. But oh well, I think the marks on my bags give them character :yes:

15. well then what do you use to get white marks out of the canvas- either mono or damier?