can seller say she never received item return?

1. Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me...
    I had to send back an item to a seller and give the tracking # to paypal but can the seller say I sent the wrong item? How exactly does paypal know you sent the correct item? I'm working with an ultra shady seller who did not tell paypal yet that she received the fake back, but it the tracking info states it was already there.
    Does anyone know if its possible this late in the dispute resolution game to get swindled again? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    :confused1:

2. Wow, that is sheisty! Did you take photos of the bag before sending it??

3. Noooooo I didn't!!! I'm all nervous now. barf.
    thanks though, i'll call paypal again and ask them.
    :sad:

4. don't worry too much, if paypal are handling the dispute and they've told you tos end the item back with tracking you should get your money back soon.

5. Well, when you shipped it back you should have required a signature from the seller. Usually you can ship it in a clear bag or box and add insurance w/signature. Then not only do you have the signature proof but you also have visual proof. Also if the seller says he never got the bag you always have the insurance to cover it. One way or another you will get your money back.

6. baggaholic, you have the BEST quote at the end of your message :yes:

7. Thank you!

8. thank you ladies, and baggaholic, you collection is absolutely incredible! :drool: