Can it work?

Can a man carry a Balenciaga City or Giant City

• Yes, Just the City

• Yes, Just the Giant City

• Yes, Both

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm 170cm and 60kg slim, i had tried on the City and Partime at the Bal boutique. Both straps are way too short to be sling across body like the messenger. So the only way is to carry over the shoulder (which may work given your style and personality) :yes:

Personally i prefer the Work, RTT, WE or Escapade, because i dun like messenger and i love BIG bags.

BTW, i think the Partime is the same length as the Work but the height is shorter.
Hope you find the perfect Bbag! Btw, what color are you thinking of getting?

Im thinking black/noir

I have another question. What style (handheld) do you think I would be able to carry textbooks/notebooks in? Weekender? Work? anything else you can think of? but i also want to be able to use it as an everyday bag.

^^ no they do not.
My best advice is this.....if you can, order a Work, Weekender, and Part Time from a store like Saks or Neiman Marcus where they have an easy return policy (BalNY gives you store credit only). You can try them on and see what suits you and send the ones back you don't want, all you will lose is some shipping cost.

Hi exc. i had a black city 2005, i used it a lot. I couldnt wear it messengerstyle because the strap was to short. I alway wear it on one shoulder or in my hands.
A little time ago i gave the city away to my sis, and she loves it, but she never uses the shoulderstrap. I prefer more bigger bags like the work, weekender or the giant matelasse.
But U can try it and see if U like it to wear and if its possible to wear it messengerstyle.
Good luck Hugs FX:heart:

I totally think you could work it, style-wise, and would look fierce.

BUT, I think just in terms of fit/proportion, it's going to be really tough, as oogie and shopboy and Cheshire have said. I just got up and tried my City messenger style to see where it hits, and I can't imagine it working on someone who's 6'2". I'm only 5'6", and I think it's too short for me messenger style. The top of the bag is maybe 3" below my armpit (granted, I'm pregnant at the moment, so it's got some extra territory to cross in the upper chest area.) I think it would be a really tight squeeze for you, though, since you probably have broader shoulders and a longer torso. Even if you could get it on, I don't think you could get anything in or out of it easily with it being that high.

I think checking out the part-time is a great idea. I just can't see the City not feeling like it's strangling you. It's a shame they don't let you get a different strap. Good luck, and I totally think you can pull off whatever you want, just make sure it feels good when you wear it.

Did you ever get one?

If not. My vote is the part time. The strap is longer and can be worn messenger style. Looks wise, it looks very much like the city, and I prefer it size wise...meaning it seems to open up more and hold more.

I don't think I'd like a diff strap on the city.

I'm still saving up for one, want to pay in cash! no debt for me

im looking into the part time and think it might be my best choice
i would love 2 be able to try them all on and see what i like best!

have you ever considered the courier??
if you really like the city style...i've seen guys wearing weekender or work..i think it looks better for guys. i am 5'7" & 120lb, small frame and carry my city the messenger way...it's very very tight for me w/ a jacket. it might not look right w/ your 6'2" height....
have fun!!