Can it work?

Can a man carry a Balenciaga City or Giant City

• Yes, Just the City

• Yes, Just the Giant City

• Yes, Both

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
OK, I'm going to go against the grain here and suggest a Part Time instead. I know you want a City and given your build it could just work...but I still think a man's broad chest (however tall and slim you are) might make it a tight fit if worn messenger style and I don't like how that looks. Also, because you are so tall and slim I think the size of the City may be disproportionate on you...in other words, the bag might look miniaturized against your build.

What I like about a Part Time for a man is this:
- it generally looks very similar to the City except it is wider and shorter and this shape's width would break up the tall thin line of your build and balance everything out more - does that make any sense, hard to explain
- the longer shoulder strap would certainly make it possible to wear across body AND it would look great
- RH or GH that's your choice. I say RH because it's more classic but still very edgy - I'd like to see man carrying RH and not GH, it's too distracting (and heavy!)

Hope that was clear, good luck!

Thank you so much I agree with you in many respects! And will def try the PT out!

Thank you so much I think I am going to NYC and LA in a month or 2 so I will def try them on while I'm there. Is the Part-Time as easy to find or will I have to search the edges of the earth for it? (which I'm up for but just want to know what im getting myself into). You are so helpful! As soon as I find my BBag I will come and post tons of pics!!!

The PT isn't too hard to come by. Although I did read somewhere on tPF that Barney's didn't order any for 2008. Even though it isn't hard to come by, its still not as easy to run across like the City or First. I've noticed that when I go to NM, for every 5 Citys that I see, there is maybe 1 or 2 PT's, mos def not as popular.

LA and NYC? All in the same trip? How exciting! :graucho:

It really depends on how you carry it. The only way I'd imagine it working is messenger style, any other way it will look to fem and stand out waaay to much.

I just think it's too small. Unfortunately, more people would probably pay attention to the fact that you're a man carrying a womens purse than that you're carrying a gorgeous bbag. That doesn't happen as much if you stick to the larger sizes, which I think a lot of people in metro areas are accustomed to by now.

I don't know your personality, which also has a lot to do with it. I know men who would look much better carrying a work than a messenger, just because of their strong personalities and how they carry themselves :tup:

ultimately YOU know if you can work it or not, if you have doubts perhaps there's a reason :shrugs:

EDIT: I agree with above posters, go for the part time
PS: I re-read my post and realized i might come off as offensive, im really not trying to be tho, just trying to help :tup:

I totally understand what your saying:tup: Thanks soo much for your help. I think I will try the Work and Part Time. I def think I should listen to you since this is my first BBag and you have bought a few bet. Do you know what the demensions on the PT and work are by any chance?

The PT isn't too hard to come by. Although I did read somewhere on tPF that Barney's didn't order any for 2008. Even though it isn't hard to come by, its still not as easy to run across like the City or First. I've noticed that when I go to NM, for every 5 Citys that I see, there is maybe 1 or 2 PT's, mos def not as popular.

LA and NYC? All in the same trip? How exciting! :graucho:

Do you by anychance no which NM's carry Balenciaga?
I wish they were in the same trip! If I goto NYC it will be with 2 friends of mine in December. And then LA is to work with my acting coach and my mom will come with me then. I went to NYC for the first time 2 weeks ago and it was amazing!! and I went to LA for the first time at the end of July. They are amazing cities with great shopping:graucho:!!!

I'm 170cm and 60kg slim, i had tried on the City and Partime at the Bal boutique. Both straps are way too short to be sling across body like the messenger. So the only way is to carry over the shoulder (which may work given your style and personality) :yes:

Personally i prefer the Work, RTT, WE or Escapade, because i dun like messenger and i love BIG bags.

BTW, i think the Partime is the same length as the Work but the height is shorter.
Hope you find the perfect Bbag! Btw, what color are you thinking of getting?

I agree that the Part-Time is a better option than the City. I'm 4'11" and 85lbs, and I could wear the City messenger style only because I am so short. Because you're tall, I think that although it's possible for you to wear it that way, it won't look great because it will hang too high on your back and look too small. I agree with don't blow - the focus will be on you carrying a woman's purse, not your beautiful bag.

The styles I tend to like best on men are the Work and the Courier, depending on what suits your personality and style.

OMG:yahoo:this is soooo exciting!!!!!!... i thought i was the only guy in the world that carries Balenciaga handbags.As a matter of a fact I have two, A S/S 05 skyblue work and a F/W 06 blue india city....so to answer your question I think you would be able to pull it off:tup:

OMG:yahoo:this is soooo exciting!!!!!!... i thought i was the only guy in the world that carries Balenciaga handbags.As a matter of a fact I have two, A S/S 05 skyblue work and a F/W 06 blue india city....so to answer your question I think you would be able to pull it off:tup:

Hi 4fendi, can you post pics of you wearing your City?
I think that will really help great. :smile: