Can i wear Bangs?

1. Hello ladies...!!:yahoo:

i'm thinking of getting bangs, but i'm not sure whether it would look good on my face, i was hoping you girls can give me some advice on that... :flowers:
    i have high cheekbones(apparently that carries of bangs well), but with a high forehead(which makes my hair looks flat most of the time), and a round face. i'm hoping the bangs would camouflage my forehead, and give me more height on top! but i'm worried that it would accentuate the roundness of my face too..:sweatdrop:
    here's a pic of me!

summer 2007 kk 057crpd.jpg

unfortunately (although i do naturally have very wavy hair), my hair's still has a bit of curl left from my last perm, it's straighter than in this pic. so that means i'd have to straighten my hair everytime i wash it, which would mean a whole new repertoire for me. my hair's about 6 inches below the shoulder. Can anyone suggest a good flat iron? i read the thread about the ones u get from sephora.. starts with G something or other.. :p how's that one?

so should i get bangs? how should i wear it? there are different kinds of bangs right? like side swept or straight bags or layered at the sides? what do you think??? :nuts:

2. ok actually i just checked in the mirror and my hair's about 10 inches below my shoulders... :p

3. I think you would look nice with a side-swept fringe a la Nicole Richie. Side-swept is also a good way to test the whole bangs thing without committing to a full-on fringe. I had a side-swept fringe for a while and it was easy to pull it across so that I could see what I'd look like with a straight-across fringe.

Just beware of the thick uma thurman pulp fiction style fringes, though - if it starts too far back on your head, I think it would accentuate a high forehead/deep hairline.

Talk to your stylist and be sure to spend a lot of time in front of the mirror playing with your hair, pulling it across your forehead,squinting and imagining what you'd look like with a particular hair style. I think you'd look good with a fringe that parts on the extreme left that was graduated across your forehead.

Fringes are cute on round faces, too - I think you just need to make sure the layers around your face end below your jawline so that they don't form a frame around your cheeks.

And are you thinking of a GHD straightener? They are fantastic - quick to heat up (4 seconds, I think) and very good with unruly hair.

4. Oh, and I found this online:

Round Face Shapes

Your goal is to create less volume around the face. You also want to minimize the appearance of roundness.

Styles that are flattering and stylish: Try cuts that fall just below the chin. Soft, graduated layers are a great bet because they make your face appear slimmer and tend to remove bulk and weight from the sides. Consider wispy and tapered ends. These de-emphasize the roundness of your face. Bangs are flattering, but keep them long or sideswept. Avoid: One-length, blunt cuts if you have short hair. Curly, short hair is also a no-no. These only emphasize your roundness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. I think side swept bangs..like the ones in the above pictures would look great on you.

6. we have the same face shape, and I have bangs... Side swept bangs is not my thing, I look silly.

7. i think you'd look nice with side-bangs like a previous poster mentioned.

i really love the cut in that middle pic of cameron diaz, i might be taking that with me next time i get it cut. i've been thinking about bangs as well.

8. I think longer bangs would be great on you too - not necessarily the long side swept like mentioned above. I think a *few* longer eyebrow brushing bangs would look very good and add a very nice balance to your face! :smile:

9. wow! thanks for the reply girls!!!!!! :flowers: that was encouraging..!

10. I think you would look great, you have gorgeous eyes and bangs would set them off even more. Go for it girl !!!

11. Bangs will make a person's face look smaller and look younger. I think straight bangs would be nice on you as it will accentuate your lovely eyes.

12. I think straight side swept bangs would look great on you. You have the perfect forehead and cheekbones for it! :yes: