Can I waitlist if I don't really have a boutique?

1. I don't live anywhere near an LV boutique. I have bought things from eLux, 866-VUITTON (sent from the Nashville store, but I didn't have any contact with the store itself), and in person at one of the stores in Vegas. My husband got my Mirage from 866 via the Boston boutique, and did talk to the people at the store when he bought it.

So my question is - is there any way I can waitlist for something (I am thinking of the new Valentine's items), when I don't really have a SA or a store that I usually use? How would that work? I actually got a Christmas card from the SA at the Vegas store, which I thought was nice considering I didn't really buy anything big from there, but I'm sure she wouldn't actually remember me after me just being there once. What's more, I'm trying to figure out how to get DH to waitlist for the Valentine stuff, which will be a trick in and of itself.

2. You can waitlist through 866, but make sure that you really want the item because they ask for a credit card. When they get a hold of it, they automatically charge your card and ship it.