Can I return

1. a mini skinny to Coach even though it wasn't purchased there. I have a hamptons signature leather mini that I got for X-mas and I would like to exchange it for a different one. Do you think I could even if it wasn't purchased from coach. I know it wasn't because the price tag is on the key ring and not in the pocket. Anyone know?
  2. where was it purchased from?
  3. Why not return it to where it was purchased?
  4. The price tag is always on the key ring unless someone removes it...
  5. Oh, so the tag has been removed from the displays in the boutiques? Then maybe it was purchased at coach. The reason I can't return it to where it was purchased from is that I don't know. It was a Christmas gift and I told them how much I loved it when I got it and then after looking at it a little longer decided it was only ok. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Thanks Sprinkles.
  6. I can understand you not wanting to hurt someone's feelings but in my opinion, returning the item to Coach isn't an option unless you know with 100% certainty that it was purchased there. How do you know that the person who gave you the gift didn't buy it on eBay or at TJ Maxx? If so, and if you returned it to Coach and were given the full retail price of the item (or any amount higher than what the purchaser paid), you just commited retail return fraud. It doesn't matter whether it was intentional or not and it doesn't matter that you don't know for sure that it wasn't purchased directly from Coach. Ignorance is not a defense to a crime. Coach has a very liberal return policy and I'd hate to see them forced into changing it because of fradulent returns.

I think your only options are to ask the person who bought you the item where it was purchased so that you can properly return it or sell it on eBay.