Can I make Elux item exchange at LV boutiques?

1. I had purchased a LV accessories pochette from Elux last 3/3/06. Took it out twice and today when I was looking at the strap leather, I noticed that the leather is splitting! This is already my 3rd time getting a non-perfect item from Elux in my past month of orders. I can send it back, but I don't want to have to send it back, and it takes forever for them to send a new one out. (And I went through this twice already in the past two months) Ugh~~ I was wondering if I can take my proof of purchase and the bag to LV boutique and exchange it? Thanks!

2. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to, since they are still seperate entities even though they're both owned by the same parent company. That sucks though, how annoying !! I would definitely give eLux a piece of my mind !

3. i agree with ayla

4. Your best bet is to return the elux bag, and buy one straight from the boutique. I realize you may have to pay taxes (I live in CA so regardless I pay tax)...but you don't want to have to go through the hassle over and over again.

5. Yeah I don't think you can return an elux item to the store. Definitely return the defective one and get one from the store after close personal inspection!

6. I agree with Addicted. Return the bag to Elux and buy it from the boutique. It seems like LV's quality has been going downhill recently. I love LV so much, it's unfortunate.

7. I was just talking to the LV customer service (about something else)and I asked them. No you cannot take an item purchsaed from elux back to an LV store.

8. Very frightening to read about this -- three defective items from eLux!

9. :amazed:Hopefully my elux order for my speedy and koala won't have defects. Now, I'm scared!

10. I was in LV last week and the s/a mentioned Elux was their site so they may be able to help you. The strap splitting is common and I would hope they would be more than happy to fix that. Please let us know how you make out. I was wondering the same thing.

11. Thanks for all your help. I called the LV customer service and they said that the boutiques would have me deal directly w/Elux, so instead he connected me to Elux customer service and told them the situation. Basically, I have go through this whole ordeal all over again. Wait the the prepaid label, drop it off Fedex, wait for them to process the return and wait for it to get here. I told her what was happening to the bag and she was like, '"It's supposed to split." WHAT THE ?!?!?!? So I told her nicely, NO, it's not supposed to split for a new bag. So then she asks, "how do you wear your bag?" And I couldn't hold my frustration and ended up saying "what do you mean? I've kept it in its box except for couple of hours???"

Anyhow, I hope I never get another defective LV from Elux again. I never had this problem before, just in the past few months.

12. I'm sorry for the problems you've had. Returning to eLux and waiting is agonizing. I hope this time they give you a great bag with no problems at all.

13. I wonder if it is possible that they could have had a bad batch of leather?? Sorry this happened to you!

14. So sorry to hear your dilemma as well. It's always a gamble to purchase online. You never truly know what you're getting. Take comfort in knowing that this should all be resolved soon. The leather on my Accessories Pochette is splitting too but I've had mine for a couple of years. I'm not convinced that it's supposed to split either but I've never asked. Good luck.

15. You can take an elux purchase to the boutique. I had to do that with my Speedy b/c there was a seam tear. They exchanged it without question.