can i get some love? :(

I can see the worn areas you're referring to. Oh Jennifer, that would upset me too! Hope the seller would be totally gracious about the matter and work something out without hesitation.

If you would feel good about the entire thing if you ended up spending less money (partial refund), I would push that. Really, the bag is not without flaws, imo. Plus, the seller would have to start over, as well.

I can see it now, too. I agree with tln, it looks like bits of it flaked off. I know how badly you wanted a perfect one. Will you be completely happy with this one and a partial refund? Does anyone know if the metallic bit can be touched up? Maybe someone at Balenciaga can offer advice on whether it can be fixed?

Pupsterpurse said:
I can see it now, too. I agree with tln, it looks like bits of it flaked off. I know how badly you wanted a perfect one. Will you be completely happy with this one and a partial refund? Does anyone know if the metallic bit can be touched up? Maybe someone at Balenciaga can offer advice on whether it can be fixed?

Do they do touch-ups? If so, that would be a great idea! You keep your bag, and get it fixed up. Maybe sleep on it, too. See how you feel in the morning. :smile:

jenn, i'm sorry about your pewter. from your second set of pics, those are obvious wears that should have been disclosed by the seller. i am glad to hear that you and the seller are working something out. good luck to you. enjoy your bag!:flowers:

Jennifer the bag is gorgeous! I know how frustrating it is when a seller
doesn't mention something and then you see it for the first time when
you open the box!!! Hopefully she will give you enough of a refund that
you will feel good about the bag and the transaction, let us know how
it turns out:yes: :heart:

*jennifer*, first, congrats on finally finding your pewter First! And second, my bag is doing the exact same thing! I have only carried it for a month, and the handles look exactly like your photos. I thought at first it might be lotion residue or something, but apparently this is common on the metallics. The regular colors don't do this...just metallics. So this is just normal wear. I would not get too upset over it, since even if you find one in brand new condition it will look like this in a matter of weeks. It is not that noticeable (except to us, of course) since the metallic is so chameleon-like anyway. I say see if you can get a bit of money off, but keep the bag. They are SOOOOO hard to find! And so beautiful! I have gotten compliments on mine!

aaallabama said:
wow, it's a beautiful bag *jennifer*, i've been pondering a pewter for soooooooooooo long :yes: ...i'm sorry if the seller wasn't totally honest about the condition...but it doesn't look bad to me at all...maybe she could give you a partial refund (?)...i've heard that metallic bags are prone to having the color wear off...but i still think they're amazingly beautiful anyway :flowers:

p.s. i've heard metallics are made of a different leather than the others (?)

The metallic's aren't goat--if you look at the card, you'll notice that the leather is different. In answer to another query on this thread, I have used aggleguard (spray--not the lotion) on both of my metallics with no problems. I don't yet know how protective they are because neither is an everyday bag for me.

an update:
thank you so much for the support, everyone! it helped to have people
the seller was very quick about contacting me back to tell me the wear on the handles was an oversight, and just sent me a partial refund.
i am going to give balenciaga a call on monday and see if they do touch-ups. the bag was purchased from barneys though, so i don't know how responsive they will be to repairs after hearing how they are about tassels. either way, i am satisfied with what the seller and i settled on.
Etenbris and other metallic b-bag owners, i guess i must have just been lucky with my pewter city bc i had not experienced any wear like this on the handles. there was only wear on the corners like any other b-bag. it seems like a common experience though, so i will have to get used to it.
susan-eric, i'll be AG'ing my bag later. i love AG stuff- it makes a big difference in the feel of the leather imo.

so, moral of the story: i could not let go of mr. right when i found him, so i will learn to love him, flaws and all!