Can anyone help me with alteration ideas....

1. Last year I bought a beautiful Shearling coat and it was quite pricey. ($5000). I love it! Problem is I was a size 14 then (SOLID) and now Im a 8 ... I do not think I will be loosing any more weight (DAMN IT!) and I do not anticipate gaining anytime soon. (god willing) Anyway. I live on a small island and there is truly not anywhere to have alterations done. Should I research on line of somewhere to send it? Any ideas are welcome. Thanks!!!
  2. I have no idea, but congrats on losing so much weight! Phenomenal! Maybe you can take it with you if you're going on vacation somewhere and get it altered there? Shearlings are REALLY hard to alter - I had one altered by the lady who used to do the tailoring for Prada and Jil Sander in Chicago and it's still not as perfect as I would have liked it to be :sad:
  3. Unfortunately, I can't help with a suggestion for alterations either, but congratulations on your weight loss!! You must feel terrific!
  4. Congrats on the weight loss, but I think the coat might have to be sold. I think too much of the structure will probably be taken out if you went down that much in size. Even if it was fitted to your body now, it most likely would look funny. Sorry I am not that much of a help :sad:
  5. One more thing to add - if it's a short-haired shearling, you'll have better luck getting it altered - for long-haired, it'll be hard to impossible. Check out fur restorers in the phonebook. I know that they don't have them everywhere, but it's another thought I had
  6. I never thought of selling it! (Im not so good at the eBay thing) ...maybe I will look for a local eBay sellar. Great idea! Thank you!
  7. ^
    Maybe that would be the best thing to do and perhaps purchase another one in your new size. Hopefully you'll still be able to find the same coat.