Can anyone give me an estmate?

FashionMIKE

Aug 2, 2006
Picture222 001.jpg

Picture222 007.jpg

This is my moms trocadero that she got when I was younger. In a lot of pictures with her and I, I noticed she is carrying this bag. I want to replace the leather for her but is it cheaper just to buy a new bag? I don't know about changing the leather since I haven't done it yet. :confused1:

TIA
:heart: Mike

normally I would have said buy a new bag - but wow that bag looks loved. You could take it to an LV store and ask how much to replace the leather - but maybe its the pics - I didn't see anything wrong with the leather - it just looks vintage!!!

i think to replace things on a speedy it is around a third or maybe half the price of a new one so i would think its about the same for your moms bag.
it would be so sweet to get it replaced for her if its a bag she loves.

But Trocaderos are much more expensive than Speedys. Trocadero is $900+! I love the color. I don't use mine so much as I prefer other bags, nothing to do with the color of the leather.

i have a trocadero too, love it! i want to get the leather replaced too, its not nearly anywhere as loved as your mom's but i don't like patina and if i replace the leather maybe i will use it more, just like when i first got it, if u decide to get the leather replaced could you let me know how much is the cost? thanks

For leather replacement, it's about 2/3rds the cost of the bag itself.

It may not be finished by Christmas, because the bag does have to be taken apart..