can anyone else not wear heels for medical reasons?

1. i'm so very jealous of all of you ladies and your gorgeous high heels, but i've got to believe that there are tPFers out there with the same problem that i have...

i have a terrible right ankle (i've sprained it about a dozen times), and i sprained it again yesterday simply walking in a parking lot in flat shoes. every time i do this, i think of it as a reminder from above that high heels are very, extremely dangerous for me. if i had been wearing heels any of the times that i sprained it, i surely would have broken it completely and needed the cast and the whole bit since it's so weak. my doctors have advised me against wearing heels, but i still have a few pairs for events where i don't think i'll be walking much or at all. it terrifies me so completely to wear them, though, since i know all too well how much a sprained ankle not only hurts, but screws up my life (i had to call out of work today since i stand and walk all day, and most likely will have to again tomorrow.) i can't even drive to get lunch, my ex boyfriend had to bring me a pizza and an ankle brace this afternoon.

anyone else have a similar problem? can i get some commiseration? my poor foot and ankle are all cold and clammy from the ice packs...