Cambons and fading?

1. Is this possible? I recently saw a pink cambon that has been completely faded to a lighter shade of pink. It is distributed evenly, but how is this possible? Was it from too muc carrying or...?:confused1:
  2. Well, most leather bags will fade a bit over time.

But, if this was really a dramatic change in the shade of pink, perhaps it was fake???? Or perhaps you saw the beige Cambon, not the pink???
  3. Hmmm I'm positive it was a pink tote it was pretty dramatic, from the vibrant pink it use to be to a very soft pink. Could it be from overuse? A lot of overuse??
  4. The only thing I could think of is the seller had it directly/everyday close to a window, and the sun faded it. I doubt it could fade to that extent by carrying the bag.
  5. The sun would have been exposed to direct sunlight on a daily basis.
  6. I guess I could see that happening. But the fading is distributed evenly, which is weird to me.
  7. Wow, I've never seen that happen at all..the pink is such a bold color, I've never seen it lighten.
    Though today I did have a bit of a scare..I was carrying my beige reporter and it was raining. I got to class and was getting things out of my bag and was scared when I saw the green splotches all over it, I thought my jacket dyed it! Anyway, to make a long story short, it did end up drying and it's as good as new. Apparently that's just the color the beige turns when it gets wet.
  8. are you sure it was authentic?
  9. I actually ended up posting in Authenticate this thread after I had dug up the listing and everything checks out pretty I would assume it was authentic? Perhaps the owner does put it by the window where the sunlight is hitting it all the time. But what's weird is just that it's even. :shrugs:
  10. I have seen some authentic pink cambons fading. It is what steered me away from buying a pink cambon..same goes with the beige. I noticed one and you can tell if you lift up the back pocket and compare it...too bad, but i guess it is to be expected.
  11. That's really odd..I have both beige and pink and there's nothing wrong with them. Maybe certain bags had this flaw?
  12. or can the 'fading' due to lighting when the pix is taken?
  13. my large pink cambon tote was like that (I got it off eBay), when you lift the black part on the corner underneath was still the same vibrant pink. I ended up selling it because it was bothering me. I guess it's from a lot of use with exposure to the sun.
  14. That's interesting. I thought the fadign was unheard of, but that's good to know that at least someone else has seen fadng like this. The tote that you had, xoAKIxo, was it really faded out? Did it turn yellowish due to the fading?