Calories

1. Is there somewhere that I can go online to see how many calories I should be eating in a day? Or Does anyone know?

2. How do I determine the calories I need for a healthy diet?

In order to maintain a healthy weight, you must balance the calories you consume with the amount of calories you expend. The West Virginia Dietetic Association provides nutrition calculators for you to determine the amount of calories you need to consume each day to stay at your current weight based on your age, sex, and activity level.
    In order to lose weight, increase your activity level or limit your caloric intake. Be careful, though! If you cut calories too drastically, you may actually gain weight, because your body will slow your metabolism to conserve calories (energy). For more information, see Helpguide’s Healthy Weight Loss: Guide to the Popular Plans and Tips for Managing Your Weight.

(http://www.helpguide.org/life/healthy_eating_diet.htm#calories)

3. I'm currently trying to lose weigh and eating 1200. Here is a rough idea for calories for maintaining your weight:

Very Light Exercise
    Multiply your weight in pounds by 12
    Light Exercise
    Multiply your weight in pounds by 13

Moderate Exercise
    Multiply your weight in pounds by 14

Moderate-Heavy Exercise
    Multiply your weight in pounds by 15

Heavy Exercise
    Multiply your weight in pounds by 16

ExampleAlice weighs 140 pounds. She is very physically active.
    Her calorie needs are 140 x 16 = 2240 calories/day

4. I bought a heart rate monitor, which I found to be extremely helpful. I was able to see how many calories I burn off with each workout to see how much exercise I need to do weekly. I bought a Polar F6 and I love it. It was about $100 and I bought it on Drugstore.com.

5. I just found this new, great site that helps me track all my calories and tells me how many I shoudl be eating in order to lose or maintain my weight.

www.thedailyplate.com

Hope this helps. Also, a heart-rate monitor is a great idea to track how many you are burning off during your workouts!

6. Thanks that site is awesome^^^