calling rouge experts: please help

scale:-

brownish --l-------l----------- l---------l---- pinkish

H Garance vermillion VIF

Is my scale right?

Judging from the pics in the ref section I would say you're right on target :nuts:

My vote goes for Garrance since it's bright enough to play with when you want to be funky, yet not too outstanding.

vermillion has more orange to it than vif (in my opinion - I keep having to say that, these days). Retourne is the inside stitching - the pic you have above is sellier.....

:shame: that shows how much i still don't know :s

thanks
.CB for pointing out that one on ebay. CDC is interesting - like a leather with a story.
.pursenality for information
.pyrexia on that vote for garance.

narrowing... brownish tone maybe not .. i have a choco
pinkish - maybe too loud/youngish for me

so now itsa garance vs vif vs piment ..

Really? Chamonix is not made any more?

What I like about rouge H in chamonix (which - at least in my bag - has more blue than brown undertones) is that it's very flexible, you can wear it with anything! It pops against black, blends in beautifully with brown/earth tones, pops against white, can be worn very nicely with navy - it really goes with everything.
I have a rouge vif bag in togo, this is also very nice. It 'pops' nicely without being loud.

hello2703
thanks for the input... last resort - i will get it from resellers...or ebay or..

OT .. hmmm as i type 2703, is that you birthdate?
that's my DD birthdate.

Sorry to latch on your thread gem, I'm interested in red too. ;)

I would like to know if Rouge H is very similar in colour tone in Box and Chamonix (and also what is the main different btw the 2 leathers)? I love the burgundy red Sellier Kelly with white stitching and in smooth leather.

hello2703
thanks for the input... last resort - i will get it from resellers...or ebay or..

OT .. hmmm as i type 2703, is that you birthdate?
that's my DD birthdate.

It's my horse's birthdate :yes:!

The rouge H chamonix Kelly does pop up from time to time on ebay. It shouldn't be too difficult to find for a reseller.

I would like to know if Rouge H is very similar in colour tone in Box and Chamonix (and also what is the main different btw the 2 leathers)? I love the burgundy red Sellier Kelly with white stitching and in smooth leather.

Rouge H has different tone on both leathers. In Box leather, Rouge H appears to be a very dark red almost Burgundy. While on Chamonix, it is dark red.

Box is glossy and Chamonix is matte. The leather feel is different too. There is a picture of both leathers in hermesgroupie's leather reference.

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-r...ence-hermes-groupie-s-leather-book-49095.html

It's my horse's birthdate :yes:!

The rouge H chamonix Kelly does pop up from time to time on ebay. It shouldn't be too difficult to find for a reseller.

Can I guess if Hello is your horse's name?

Speaking of which, ladyauthentic had a Rouge H Chamonix Kelly 32 with white stitch & PH last month. It was sold within a few hours, I think.

Sorry to latch on your thread gem, I'm interested in red too. ;)

Nah,...great minds think alike...:supacool:
saw retourne in clemence - my heart didn't ache for it.

lilach mentioned merlot tone (wine red) for chamonix rouge H- that should be lovely! BUT ... WHAT YEAR ?!?! another headache!:sad:

Rouge H has different tone on both leathers. In Box leather, Rouge H appears to be a very dark red almost Burgundy. While on Chamonix, it is dark red.

Box is glossy and Chamonix is matte. The leather feel is different too. There is a picture of both leathers in hermesgroupie's leather reference.

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-r...ence-hermes-groupie-s-leather-book-49095.html

Thanks pursenality for your answers and the link. :heart: They both sound super yummy to me, will def need to check them out in person.

I am in LOVE with Rouge H and I think that either box or chevre shows the color best. I like rouge h in Chamonix too but for some reason, when I owned a chamonix rouge h, I was not too enamored with the material. The corner wear tend to be more obvious (it turned white in mine). Just my opinion though based on my experience....