Calling chihuahua owners. Help!!

1. I have an almost 5 month old Chi, she is the cutest little thing, but she has a problem. She always has a stuffy nose. Every morning she goes through a fit to clear her nose, then its pretty much good for the rest of the day except that she always sounds like her chest is making some sort of noise, kinda like the snorting sound that pugs make.

I asked the Vet but she didn't seem to think much of it and I really wasn't too worried because I read its pretty normal for Chi's to have sinus problems, however I want to hear what other owners have to say because I feel that it is progressively getting worse. :sad:

TIA

2. Your dog has a inverted cough, its really common with little dogs. Your dog is fine. My first chi which I got from a rescue group has this problem. I took her to the vet and they stated nothing to worry about. Its not harming to your dog in anyway, there is surgery that can be done to fix the problem, but its not recommend unless your pup does it non stop. Mine little one will do it every few days for no longer than 10 seconds or so. Hope this helps.

3. Well the nose clearing issue mostly only happens in the morning for maybe about a minute. But the chest sound/snorting seems to be on most of the time lately. She is otherwise healthy it seems, she's playfull, eats all her food...and wants more...her appetite is definitely there.

I've never heard of a reverse cough...

4. Yep!

Lvobsessed is right, all the chuhuahua's I've had have all had inverted coughs. It's not a problem, Daisy my youngest has hers at the exact same time every day, funny! i've even been to the vets and they say they can't do anything about it, unless you wanna pay so much money for a operation, when it doesn't really harm the dog.

5. Just like the above posters, my Chi also has an inverted cough. At first I was real concerned, but the veterinarian assured me that it's normal and surgery is not necessary for my Chi.