Calling All TPF Hermes Forum HORSE WOMEN HELLO WHO ARE YOU?

Brilliant thread!

but don't forget the houndsssssssss! :P

Moi,

From age 6, coursing greyhounds
age 10 shoved on Pony fell of and cried my eyes out!,
age 15 whipper in at Windsor Forest Draghound pack prince charles hunted with them not that I would of known to busy shovelling s@@@:smile:

Age 16 for years and years, hunting with hounds foxhounds, mink hounds in summer, coursing sighthounds in winter

Ride hunters, nutty arabs and anglo arabs, until 3 years ago when this happened to me
pd556000.jpg

well worse actually the cotswold stone wall refused to get out of the way! so I hit it and broke a number of bones, ( sigh)

So now I hack out on ploddy cob ( who I love) dalespony, and ride gig with yep FRIESANS,,,,,,

Keep some stock still chickens,, maybe some more calves this year, and of course my beloved hounds

I love hermes mostly because of where it began, the love of the leather to perfect a saddle because he too obviously so loved field sports and the countryside.

Great thread for us workmanlike girls

brilliant love all the photos and the news keep it coming ( ohh and BTW the photo of deerhound is one of my great mentor and her lovely champion ***** Ardkinglas Val, sadly both now in heavan)

wheres DQ???????

x

Attachments

• coney.jpg
    coney.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 60
  • miss noble and octavia.jpg
    miss noble and octavia.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 72
Duchess: A lot of the horses here that aren't race horses have some Paso in them. He doesn't really gait much. In fact he's got a high knee action that resembles a Frisian, go figure. :s

Thanks so much docride for starting this thread!

It's wonderful to see so many horsewomen -- thank you for sharing your stories and your photos!

A wannabe horsewoman here. Living in Manhattan means I can only go for a lesson or ride through the park (in Brooklyn!) once in a while but I've done some "trailriding" all over the world. Love horses!

Thanks so much docride for starting this thread!

It's wonderful to see so many horsewomen -- thank you for sharing your stories and your photos!

A wannabe horsewoman here. Living in Manhattan means I can only go for a lesson or ride through the park (in Brooklyn!) once in a while but I've done some "trailriding" all over the world. Love horses!
Cheers Beaumonde ! Hacking is loads of fun esp. when traveling the world!:yes: What fun!

I first heard of Hermes when my late uncle would talk about having a saddle made for him by Hermes when he (a young US Cavalry officer) was at the french cavalry school at Saumur after WWI. He told me how very special this was!

I rode at camp as a young teen and loved it. When I was living in NYC in the early 60's, I rode weekly in Central Park - really a salvation for me to get out in the park like that. I think the last time I rode a horse was at least 30 year ago when we were in Maine in the Acadia Nat'l Park and the whole family went on a trail ride. I loved riding but was violently allergic to horses and could not do the grooming at all.

When my uncle died, a cousin took the saddle. I don't know if he kept it or sold it. My uncle was a very small man and it would have had to be used by a woman.

Brilliant thread!

but don't forget the houndsssssssss! :P

Moi,

From age 6, coursing greyhounds
age 10 shoved on Pony fell of and cried my eyes out!,
age 15 whipper in at Windsor Forest Draghound pack prince charles hunted with them not that I would of known to busy shovelling s@@@:smile:

Age 16 for years and years, hunting with hounds foxhounds, mink hounds in summer, coursing sighthounds in winter

Ride hunters, nutty arabs and anglo arabs, until 3 years ago when this happened to me
pd556000.jpg

well worse actually the cotswold stone wall refused to get out of the way! so I hit it and broke a number of bones, ( sigh)

So now I hack out on ploddy cob ( who I love) dalespony, and ride gig with yep FRIESANS,,,,,,

Keep some stock still chickens,, maybe some more calves this year, and of course my beloved hounds

I love hermes mostly because of where it began, the love of the leather to perfect a saddle because he too obviously so loved field sports and the countryside.

Great thread for us workmanlike girls

brilliant love all the photos and the news keep it coming ( ohh and BTW the photo of deerhound is one of my great mentor and her lovely champion ***** Ardkinglas Val, sadly both now in heavan)

wheres DQ???????

x
Loved your photos and glad you have lived to tell your story! OMGOSH! Beautiful Deerhounds splendid creatures!

We're here too!
Used to be eventers, now more dressage with weekly jumping and the occasional fox hunt (1x year - no live foxes involved)
Here's some pics of the big H and his adoring owner in action at the last hunt and a shot of us plus my hound Rhoda before the Halali (a friend of mine had let the dogs out before the Halali - not good, but nothing happened).
One of these days I'll be able to snap a pic of the big H wearing his Rocabar sweat blanket... one of these days....
hunt crh 2008.jpg

hunt ch 2008.jpg

I´ve rode horses on a farm I was at 2 summers growing up. Fell in love with them. I´m allergic though (not sure if is the hay or the horse):tdown: I´ve always loved horses in paintings, jewellery etc, such a gorgeous animal.

I first heard of Hermes when my late uncle would talk about having a saddle made for him by Hermes when he (a young US Cavalry officer) was at the french cavalry school at Saumur after WWI. He told me how very special this was!

I rode at camp as a young teen and loved it. When I was living in NYC in the early 60's, I rode weekly in Central Park - really a salvation for me to get out in the park like that. I think the last time I rode a horse was at least 30 year ago when we were in Maine in the Acadia Nat'l Park and the whole family went on a trail ride. I loved riding but was violently allergic to horses and could not do the grooming at all.

When my uncle died, a cousin took the saddle. I don't know if he kept it or sold it. My uncle was a very small man and it would have had to be used by a woman.
That is a wonderful story about your uncle what a marvelous lineage to have! A US WWI Cavalry Officer I wish i could see a photo!
Ahh the bridle paths of Central Park...oddly enough I was actually dressed up as a fox for a mock hunt there..once!:nuts: