calling all MOMs and DOCS.. home remedies for a SORE THROAT?

1. hey all, I've been all sluggish this past week and only this week has a full cold/fever thing hit me. I have a huge day tomorrow, biggest block of classes and two of the most time demanding dental procedures I need to assist and I can't feel like this tomorrow. I took that tylenol day/night pill, the day one of course.. couldnt find my glasses LOL to read the back of the other boxes of syrup from robbitison and vicks, so i took the pills cause I managed to read the back of it. Its kicking in so it gives me hope for tomorrow except my throat KILLS. I obviously found my glasses (eyes too red and itchy to put contacts in) and don't think I should mix the pills and the cough syrup together just for the sore throat. So any doctors or moms out there know how I can get rid of this feeling without the anxiety of mixing medications? TIA:flowers:

2. Gargle with warm salt water (1 tsp to 8oz) several times a day. Also, hot (but not too hot!) compresses on your neck several times a day will help, too. Drink lots of hot tea with honey (take a thermos with you if you can) Hope you feel better soon!

3. Drink Hot water with lemon wedges in the cup with a teaspoon of honey!!.

4. Ok try this. Cut a piece of ginger root (produce section). boil it with some lemon and honey and drink it. It will soothe your throat.

5. a tablespoon of maple syrup works for my friend or maybe try pei pa koa (herbal cough syrup found in any chinese supermarket).

6. Thanks all! Appreciate it, I'm going to try it now.

7. I was going to say the honey too. As much as you can tolerate, sweetness wise, in nice warm tea.
    Good luck and I hope you get feeling better real quick!

8. fishermans friends..

9. Hi Aarti!:love: , so sorry to hear about your sore throat, I would be freaking out too, I am that type.:lol: ...I was also going to suggest gargling salt/water! It helps alot, I never have stuff in the house! Good luck aarti:heart:

10. Warm lemon juice or ginger juice.

11. I can't remember the name of the brand, but there is a herbal tea company that makes a tea called "throat coat" that has slippery elm and licorice root. It's good for sore, irritated throats. You can probably find it in a big supermarket or at a natural food store in the tea section.

12. The tylenol daytime pill contains tylenol which will relieve pain, such as your sore throat.

I second the teas, esp the throat coat(Throat Coat Tea ), and the ginger root for congestion, esp sinus related.