Calling all Goyard fans....

1. Can the Goyard fans on this forum explain their appeal? Before a Goyard boutique opened here in San Francisco, I had never heard of the brand before.

What do you like/love about it? What makes it special? Is it more luggage than purse?

Are they all made of that patterned canvas(?) material? And etc.

Thanks!

2. I don't own any, but I love it! I want the Comores shopper, the Boeing 45 duffle, the messenger bag, and the trolley! All of those cost over $1K each though (over $3K for the trolley!) :wondering

Goyard Comores Shopper $1,540.jpg Goyard Boeing 45 $1,850.jpg Goyard Trolley $3,285.jpg
  3. I love Goyard for the practicality, the fact that you can personalize them, and you don't see them everywhere. They are a classic bag, so you will get your investments worth. I love the totes and they are so versatile...I'm really wanting one monogramed.

4. I started using Goyard around 3-4 years ago and the reason why I fell for it then was because of its great quality and workmanship. I was also getting a bit sick of all the fake LV monogram that I see everywhere :worried: The fact that it was understated was very appealing to me.

I have used my Croisere in bad weather condition and it stands up to the rain and snow extremely well. In fact, after 3-4 years, it's still in excellent condition :biggrin: If I am in a "no fuss" mood or when I am travelling, I use their totes most of the time. All in all, I am very happy with this brand :smile:

5. i went to the goyard website and there aren't many ladies' bags to choose from. Are there more designs in the store?

oh, and what is the price range like for the ladies' bags?

thanks

6. They have only posted a very limited designs on their website. If you want to see more styles, you can either go to the store or check on Barneys website. Hope this helps.

7. thanks! i love the white totes! now i can't wait for my next trip to paris! i wish they have them in london!

8. I love Goyard. My mom was into Goyard ever since she was young. My mom passed away. But, she never liked Louis Vuitton. Most of her luggage and trunks were from Goyard. She even sent her Chanel couture wedding gown in a Goyard trunk to Kuwait in 1985. Anyway, I bought a Goyard bag yesterday. I added it to my collection. It's the Croisiere 50 in black. I posted it one of the threads.

9. I don't think you can find Goyard in London. They have a boutique in Paris though. Anyway, there are only like 7 or so Goyard boutiques in the world. We have one here in Kuwait. If you live in the States, you can find it in Barneys.

10. I can only speak as a former fan. I started out loving the design, but like any of the bags with interlocking C's or LV's on them, it SCREAMS "I cost a bundle!" There's nothing subtle about it. People who know bags will definitely know what you paid for the puppy. Those that don't, will be floored that you paid that much for something so simple and basically unknown outside of the snobby crowd.

I became a FORMER fan when I started analyzing how the bags were manufactured. They cost as much or more than an LV, but the detailing is less, and the quality isn't as high either. They'll hold up well, but why do they cost so much?

If you want to see what I mean, the Barney's site has them up, and you're looking at over $215 for a crappy card case (poor stitching on that one), or $880 for a wallet. At that price, I'd head on over to Hermes.

11. Out of curiosity, I jetted over to Barney's site to take a look at that card case. Damn, the stitching is so crooked in the picture. You would think the photographers at Barney's would find one with better stitching to photograph. Crooked stitching like that is a total deal breaker for me. I have seen better stitching on some LV fakes on eBay.

12. You could have knocked me over when I looked at the stitching on the card case yesterday. For a "luxury" brand that costs more than LV, they should be ashamed. I got something much better last week for $30 at Nordstrom's with even stitching and beautiful Hermes-like leather.

13. Picture taken from bryanboy.com

I didn't give a 2nd look to Goyard before, but just saw BB's white Goyard bag, and I like it. Maybe because I've been looking for a white summer bag. It just looks great and practical.

BryanBoy'sWhiteGoyard.jpg
  14. i love the white! i presume the material is quite resistent to dirt? can anyone tell me what material is it? Thanks!

15. goyard is expensive because the material is all HANDPAINTED :smile: