Calling all BV Julie Lovers

i had the first one they made in that violet/purple color and it was way too big for me (and i prefer large bags). it's very long and deep (which made it annoying to find things). it's one of those bags that might great on someone, just not me. there is a smaller size that i haven't tried.

I was always worried that not only it is a large bag, but a heavy one. My experience with the large size Catalano leather Campana was the same- the woven version was light, the solid leather quite heavy.

gingerale - I replied to your PM, but also just took out mine and played with it a bit more. It's still raining here, so I'm not taking it out just yet. Mine is the smaller Julie, and it's quite light. Not all that shoulder-friendly if you're wearing a coat, but I'm planning on just hand-carrying it anyway; as I'm concerned about colour transfer from my dark clothes. But if I wanted to put it over my shoulder minus the coat, it would be OK.

thanks everyone ! i've always liked the look at of the the julie on the bv website especially in the poudre colour. But never saw the actual size IRL. The model was also hand-carrying it and it looks so chic ! it's such a north-south bag that i'm not sure if it'll look too long being carried on the shoulders.

Well, my sweetie's not home to take real pictures, but there was a brief sunny window of time between storms, so I wanted to take advantage of it and get some Julie shots for you.

Poudre is a really elusive colour to capture, even if I did happen to possess photography skills (and the photos on the Matches web site depict it as more of a vibrant pink than it is IRL - it's a very muted, subtle, dusty lilac-pink). I put the taupe BV dust bag behind it to show the contrast, but it didn't really help. The bag looks longer in the first pic than it appears in reality; it's quite light and a very manageable size. It's only 1 inch higher than it is wide - of course the tapering makes it appear much longer.

I hope the second pic gives an idea of how far down it comes on me - I'm 5'8" and it comes to the top of my hip. I'm wearing a very loose jacket whose sleeves take up some handle space, but it's still comfortable. So unless you're wearing a bulky winter coat, it should be fine over your shoulder. When hand-carried, the bottom of the bag falls to upper calf at my height.

Apologies for the obscure window reflection shot - we're renovating and there's airborne drywall dust and other construction carnage in the bathrooms where the decently sized mirrors are located. I don't mind dusting myself off when I have to, but I'm paranoid about damaging the bag!

The last 2 pics are indoor attempts that avoid the wall colours. Poudre doesn't look this anemic IRL!

Small Julie Measurements:

Height (without the handles): 15"
Width (measured at widest part at bottom): 14"
Handle drop: 6"
Weight: approx. 1.5 lbs.

The 15% Matches discount code is valid until the 20th, so hopefully this will help you make a decision before then.

Attachments

• julie1.jpg
    julie1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 147
  • juliereflection.jpg
    juliereflection.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 125
  • juliedoorhandle.jpg
    juliedoorhandle.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 124
  • julieindoor.jpg
    julieindoor.jpg