Bottega Veneta Cabat Owners (and Future Owners) United

Limo? Marble? Large Croc cabat
EN21_019.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics, foxie. This is the Limo Cocco Lave Cabat. Yum! The messenger that I want is this exact color. I think the croc in Limo color is the BEST, because you could see the croc skin's texture so well. Notice the handle of this Cabat... what a beauty :love:

Ms piggy - we totally think alike! :yes:

^I have to agreee! As lovely as this Croc cabat looks, I think there`s just too much going on, plan Croc would be more appealing to me.

I have never touched BV`s Cocco Lave, but I came across the runway Lanvin bag in sueded croc and I couldn`t take my hands off, the textrur was so OMG divine!

oh that ostrich and croc cabats:drool::drool:

looks like the croc cabat pic is from a hong kong newspaper group. maybe i will find one this time around in HK and finally get to see it IRL!

^definitely the matte leather. The patent cabats are soooo stiff and it sort of ruins the bag to me. I find the cabat special because it's refined but not stuffy, the slouchiness makes it casual enough. Also, the fact that it's an open-topped tote doesn't bother me as the bag sort of molds around the stuff you put in it and if you put it down somewhere, the top sort of flops over to cover and protect your stuff. The patent doesn't do that, as far as I know. I've played with one in a boutique but obviously not owned one so I can't say if they soften with time.

^definitely the matte leather. The patent cabats are soooo stiff and it sort of ruins the bag to me. I find the cabat special because it's refined but not stuffy, the slouchiness makes it casual enough. Also, the fact that it's an open-topped tote doesn't bother me as the bag sort of molds around the stuff you put in it and if you put it down somewhere, the top sort of flops over to cover and protect your stuff. The patent doesn't do that, as far as I know. I've played with one in a boutique but obviously not owned one so I can't say if they soften with time.

Agreed. I considered one in the store, but it was too stiff and also a bit flashy, all that patent!

i agree with mundodabolsa and PorscheGirl. too flashy and stiff. i had considered one for a while because i thought it might be impervious to rain/snow but my sa said not so. it may show marks.
i saw someone carrying one on the street the other day and it looked stiff, really beautiful but stiff. i prefer the softer look.

don't really know for sure.
i have been using nappa umbria cabat that has been sprayed when it is raining and so far so good but it hasn't really gotten totally wet so i'm not sure.
also nappa umbria is somewhat tonal anyway so it may be less likely to show water marks. my sa says it will be fine.