BVs bought and returned, or re-sold

I bought a medium Ebano Veneta..and while I only carried it a handful of times and swoon at the leather every time I see it sitting in my closet(it's literally been in there for 3 years now)..I need to let it go. I use more cross body bags now over shoulder/satchel bags.

I sold my maxi and large Venetas and regretted it for awhile. Love the shoulder strap but just wasn't crazy about the flat construction. I bought medium Campana and I will never part with it.

I have a large black, veneta hobo and I am seriously considering selling it which is why I am in the BV forum tonight. I guess I want to convince myself to keep it, but I am not loving it. I feel years older when I carry it (currently, I am 40, but it makes me a feel 50-60) and every time I wear it, people bang into the corner along my back. Every time. Every time.

It is not as slouchy as I hoped. I am obsessed with my Balenciaga bags and just ordered a Day hobo last night which I hope has the slouch I need.

That being said, I do love BV. It is beautiful. Will keep my BV SLGs.

My first BV (new to me) was a Maxi Nero Pleated Veneta. It was nicely broken-in but it seemed to be stretched vertically from the shoulder strap, if that makes sense. That made the armhole opening really long. It was still a beautiful bag, immaculate light suede lining & no exterior leather damage, but I didn't care for it on. I also didn't care for the 'pointy' Veneta corners. I've since sold it and I don't regret it.

Years ago I tried on a Belly Bag in the BV boutique and I liked it. The rounded & pleated corners give it a nice silhouette and the body has a full shape. I've been lucky to find one NWT and now I get to break it in. I'm looking forward to how that develops over time!

I have a large black, veneta hobo and I am seriously considering selling it which is why I am in the BV forum tonight. I guess I want to convince myself to keep it, but I am not loving it. I feel years older when I carry it (currently, I am 40, but it makes me a feel 50-60) and every time I wear it, people bang into the corner along my back. Every time. Every time.

It is not as slouchy as I hoped. I am obsessed with my Balenciaga bags and just ordered a Day hobo last night which I hope has the slouch I need.

if you need convincing to keep your large veneta- here goes.

a large black veneta is a classic and i think it works well on all ages. the resale on bv is low and this is a bag that will never go out of style. it is light weight and very secure when zipped and on the shoulder. it will get slouchier. i would say it's a keeper.

I went through the Bal thing about 10 years ago (I'm now 48). I think I had 8 Days at one point. There's no denying it's one of the, if the not, lightest hobos out there. But the quality!? Eeekk! There was a run of black Days that turned green, fading in other colors, tassels splitting after just a few wears.

The Day has a young vibe. But it might be too young. And I'm wondering if your Black hobo simply hasn't broken in.. Bummer is really softening could take several months.

I get it. BV isn't totally hip or modern. But it has clean lines that have a current vibe and wear well with a wide range of clothes.

if you need convincing to keep your large veneta- here goes.

a large black veneta is a classic and i think it works well on all ages. the resale on bv is low and this is a bag that will never go out of style. it is light weight and very secure when zipped and on the shoulder. it will get slouchier. i would say it's a keeper.

You had me at the resale on BV is low! :smile:

I will keep it for 6 more months and revisit selling it then (will stuff weigh it down and hang it on my door something).

It is a beauty!

For me it's the Intrecciato Nappa Messenger Bag, the one with the big flap closure and drawstring thingy. I wanted the New Light Grey that I saw on the website but my SA said they didn't have it and I was convinced to take the Monalisa. It's a nice color but then when i brought it home I just didn't see how I would use it. The size is good - I can fit my iPad Air in there but the magnetic drawstring combo makes it a bad travel companion.

I brought it back and then I was convinced to try on the New Sand. The color does make a difference. I like how it looks on me and it goes with my wardrobe etc. So I thought: Maybe it's the color... I brought it home but I ended up returning it. That zipper-less, drawstring, big opening with magnetic closure design just doesn't work for me.