BV Price Increases - Update

Ouch.

It feels like I'm never gonna be able to afford my dream bag - the Cabat. But I sure am glad I got my large Veneta during my trip. :yes: I don't think I could have dealt with the pressure of buying before price hike deadlines :s

Congrats on ya DH, Bunkie! He's def a keeper for pointing out that you should get ya cabat asap! ;)

Ouch.

It feels like I'm never gonna be able to afford my dream bag - the Cabat. But I sure am glad I got my large Veneta during my trip. :yes: I don't think I could have dealt with the pressure of buying before price hike deadlines :s

Congrats on ya DH, Bunkie! He's def a keeper for pointing out that you should get ya cabat asap! ;)

Nymph - I commend and envy you for having the self control. Plus, the large Veneta is to die for, AND more functional than the Cabat. Which color did you get? They are all so pretty...

Re: my DH, yes, he is fabulous. However, if this helps, to justify to myself spending 4k on a bag, I decided to sell my LV roller and a few other valued trinkets... it helps with the guilt...:Push:

Bunkie,

Thanks for providing details on the exact magnitude of the increase, especially for the cabat.

I talked to a sales associate named Jerry at the NY boutique. He was very helpful and patiently explained the details of the bags to me. I ordered a medium cabat in ebano. He said that their store just had a meeting this morning regarding the price increases. And like you mentioned, it appears the sales associates will be calling clients to try to get them to buy prior to the price increase. I did slaughter the pronunciation of a few words including ebano...learn something new every day!

(by the way, does anyone know what is the comission these SA's get? they are so motivated and I'm not used to that as LV SA's are not commission-based

I don't know how much commission the SA's get, but they do get commission. As for LV, they started to get individual commission, too. But IMHO, BV has one of the best SA's in luxury retail in customer service.

Thanks for the update Bunkie....and welcome to the BV forum!

It seems waiting until July (when I'm Italy) will not be worth the extra $$, so I'm on the hunt for my first BV too - large Veneta. :smile:

BTW, your avatar pic - OMG, is that a real bunny and if so, isn't he totally adorable!?!

can anyone confirm if the price increases on ONLY on the classic colors and not the season colors/styles?

thanks!

Do you mean the current Spring/Summer seasonal colors, or seasonal colors in general?

Since seasonal colors are priced the same as the classic colors, for the next season the new seasonal colors will be priced the same as the increased price of the classic colors. For this season's (SS07) seasonal colors, I believe they will temporarily increase until they get rid of them when it is time for fall/winter - and then to the outlets they will go. But if you are looking to get a Spring/Summer seasonal color I'd advise to check on inventory before waiting to go to the outlet since that timing is a bit tricky...

Thanks for the update Bunkie....and welcome to the BV forum!

It seems waiting until July (when I'm Italy) will not be worth the extra $$, so I'm on the hunt for my first BV too - large Veneta. :smile:

BTW, your avatar pic - OMG, is that a real bunny and if so, isn't he totally adorable!?!

Thanks! The bunny is real, although not mine - I found it on the internet and thought it was too adorable. Those lop eared critters are just too cute.

Good luck on your large Veneta search! My white one just arrived today and I am sooo happy with it!!

^^White Veneta?!?! :yahoo: Congrats!! That is a beauty - I *bow* down to you for getting the stunning white....I just can't do white - it'd be ruined in one season!

Please post pics so I can virtually :drool:! :smile:

p.s. that bunny makes me smile

I'll def. post pics when I'm not wearing my jammies so as to show off how fabulous the white looks with jeans. In the meantime, fyi Bergdorf has a really great collection and more inventory on the large Veneta than most (and no sales tax if you live outside of NY). Normally I prefer dept. stores b/c somehow BV's exchange policy worries me

Do you mean the current Spring/Summer seasonal colors, or seasonal colors in general?

Since seasonal colors are priced the same as the classic colors, for the next season the new seasonal colors will be priced the same as the increased price of the classic colors. For this season's (SS07) seasonal colors, I believe they will temporarily increase until they get rid of them when it is time for fall/winter - and then to the outlets they will go. But if you are looking to get a Spring/Summer seasonal color I'd advise to check on inventory before waiting to go to the outlet since that timing is a bit tricky...

Bummer! I was hoping to get a medium Limo Veneta and the Old Petra/Poudre coin purse when the 'seasonal' color items go on sale. So, what you are saying is that when they raise prices next week, the price on all these items will raise as well? Then, in June when they have their regular markdown, it will be from these higher prices? thanks!

Went to BV in San Francisco today and received verbal confirmation of Thursday's price increase. I was told it would be "10%" but he may have been low-balling because I know the increases will vary by style.

With that in mind, I purchased:

1. small Campana in ebano
2. zip-around card case in limo
3. Pig keychain in pink ostrich

I am satisfied, but my Visa card is inconsolable.

Oh and I also held and tried on a taupe croc Ball bag, and it was quite lovely. Also, $15,000 ... oh well.