BV Mirrors

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
Do all BV bags come with a mirror?
Have they always come with a mirror?
Does the mirror exactly match the leather color AND texture?

A newbie has to know! :graucho:

TIA

None of my BV bags have come with a mirror. I have the Roma, the maxi Veneta and the Montaigne (it was a special colour combo because I do believe the regular, single colour Montaignes do have a mirror).....

So maybe I've helped eliminate some mirrorless bags for you!

I only have Montaignes (the single-colour ones) and yes, they have all come with mirrors and they have all been the same leather as the bag - just not woven. (Fiasco-bag didn't have a mirror but that proves NOTHING...). From reading posts on here it seems like there isn't a lot or rhyme or reason about what has a mirror and what doesn't - plus I think often with bags being returned and resold they can go missing so it has never been entirely clear what comes with a mirror and what doesn't.

the mirror issue is a mystery. my campana came with a mirror but the cabat does not so it clearly isn't price related. i used to have a nylon bottega that did come with a mirror that wasn't leather or nylon wrapped.
it would be interesting to know the history and reasons why some bags come with mirrors and some do not.

what i understand from the SA down at the BV store is that only selected bags come with mirrors (and always in the same leather/texture/colour as the bag). Venetas definitely comes with them (except the mini-veneta). There are a few others, but I can't recall off-hand though. Either the pyramid or the ball...

Just to confuse matters more, my mini tote did come with a mirror, same leather and color as the bag. I'm not sure why because it is a small bag, but there you go. Yes for the campana, no for the roma. No clue why one has it and not the other.

Definitely interesting. Since there apparently seems to be no distinct patterns to which bags that get mirrors.

I got one with my Large Veneta, but don't use it anyways :P