Seasonal BV Fall/Winter 2009! Pics and Discussion Here

I'm in love with these two bags! Have anyone seen them IRL?

I'd like to know if this one is the same size as the San Marco ones posted above?

BVmosaic.png

BVwaxedpython.png

gemibebe - I've seen the bag in the second photo and the San Marco Karung bag IRL... this version of the Nero Waxed Python bag is bigger or should I say taller by a good ~3 inches in height. Ranag actually bought the other style of this bag so you may want to check her post for info on the leather, close-up photos, etc.

http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta/a-couple-things-that-slithered-home-with-me-503170.html

I'm lusting after the bag in the first photo too but I've not seen it in person. But at $5K (without tax)... ouch! My SA was describing it to me... the bag is made out of 4 different types of skins (python, karung, one type of leather in matita then I guess the usual nappa in Nero). Size-wise, it is comparable (not identical) to the San Marco give or take a few inches here and there.

And just to complete the family, I'm adding the Nero San Marco Karung Bag for easy reference and comparison... you can see the Lilac & Ash versions on the 2 previous posts.

attachment.php

TDL you are killing me with all these pictures of san marco totes.

(chanting to myself: they are all too big for you! they are all too big for you! all too big for you! all too big for you! all too big for you! )

Thanks TDL for the info! I really need to see these bags IRL, not sure about the size of the first one: personally I find Montaigne a great size. I got the impression that San Marco is a bit bigger than Montaigne? Totally agree with you for the price: OUCH!!! The 2nd one looks perfect to be a professional bag, but again I really need to try them on! Hopefully my next trip to BV will be very soon!

I really need to see these bags IRL, not sure about the size of the first one: personally I find Montaigne a great size. I got the impression that San Marco is a bit bigger than Montaigne?

gemibebe - yes, the San Marco Karung bag is much bigger than the Montaigne. Sizes taken from the BV website below.

7.4 X 13.3 X 7.0 IN. (Nero Python Karung Goatskin Bag - your top photo)
7.0 X 14.2 X 7.5 IN. (San Marco Karung Bag)
6.6 X 12.1 X 5.9 IN. (Montaigne)

Continue chanting to myself: the San Marco bag is too big for you....the San Marco bag is too big for you....the San Marco bag is too big for you....the San Marco bag is too big for you....:angel::nono::ban::banned:

Thanks TDL! In that case, I'd really say San Marco is too big for me as Montaigne fits me perfectly! Can save for Cruise now: I'm in love with so many pieces!

gemibebe - yes, the San Marco Karung bag is much bigger than the Montaigne. Sizes taken from the BV website below.

7.4 X 13.3 X 7.0 IN. (Nero Python Karung Goatskin Bag - your top photo)
7.0 X 14.2 X 7.5 IN. (San Marco Karung Bag)
6.6 X 12.1 X 5.9 IN. (Montaigne)

Hi everyone!

I'm new to BV, searched and have a few questions:

Does anyone have the email to boutiques in
Paris and Cannes?

TIA!!

I posted the above in the wrong place probably because I have many tabs opened! So sorry!!

But anyway, I am in LOVE with
LilacSanMacroKarung.jpg

And

TruffleKarung.jpg

:drool:

Was wondering if these two will go on sale during Dec (Because they're considered seasonal right? Please educate me!), if not I might have to snatch them up now from Europe!!

this is such a beauty.

My sister (a SA at Tysons) says that the 2nd bag will not go on sale because it is a limited edition. Apparently the sale will be very different this year she says)

I'm hoping she will buy me something nice for Christmas!!

I was told during the last sale that they weren't going to discount bags again. We shall see.

Since this thread reappeared, thought I'd share that the duty free shop at the Korea (Seoul) airport is giving an additional 5% discounts off all current F/W 2009 bags including some of the lovelies being posted here.

It's not a sale but everything in the store gets it and the prices are quite good (cheaper than the US and most other sites). Of course there may be larger discounts when the official end of year sale kicks in.

Medium Veneta = US$1415 net (no tax since duty free)
Large Veneta = US$1710 net
Medium Campana = US$17xx net
Cervo Hobo (baseball) = US$1235 net

From what I recall this is lower than HK (which to my knowledge was the best place to buy BV in Asia)