Buying vintage Dooneys

MonicaM

Mar 9, 2007
Has anyone ever bought vintage Dooneys ? I see ALOT of them online and in resale shops- often at very good prices. I'm just curious if anyone has ever bought any.... can anyone think of any pros/cons ??

I have one which I bought when I was curious about buying a handheld bag. (I didn't want to spend a lot of money, and I didn't want to buy something that looked cheap)..so I got a handheld Dooney for $30+ from ebay.

I love that bag. It is All Weather Leather and a nice color. I still carry it and it looks brand new!

The only con was that it had a slight musty smell, and I got rid of that with an air-freshener.

^^I've bought quite a few on e-bay. The older AWL line holds up well and you can get some good deals. Of course, the style is a little date, but :shrugs: if you like it who cares?!

Excited for my new to me Vintage Dooney. It has the leather unlined interior and tag included. Looks authentic to me. I am starting a vintage speedy collection and trying to learn about them. The ones in good condition can be expensive so I will keep an eye out for good deals.

Attachments

• 309F8599-0D9C-4DC7-9B38-033431044CE8.jpeg
    309F8599-0D9C-4DC7-9B38-033431044CE8.jpeg
    317 KB · Views: 133
Last edited: