Buying used bags

I think it helps to know the history which is why from your mom...not so creepy lol
I worry about weird stuff like what if they bled on it??? or was a lohan trashy type person or soething? Ok totally worrying too much but my main worry: I would get a fake that was different than pics I had authenticated, ya know?

Bled on it- EWWW!

Personally I'll try and avoid buying used unless it's limited ed. items that aren't available through the butiques anymore, because although I know MPRS are 99.99999% legit, I'd prefer to get a new bag which I also can break in myself. And anyways, I live in a country with a 25% customs fee, so for me, it won't be much cheaper to buy used anyways, and it's not worth the hassle because of the customs (They have hijacked my conte de fees musette, and if it doesn't arrive here by tomorrow I won't see it in three months! :cry:smile:. However, I can totally understand why people buy used, it must be wonderful to have a developed patina, but I don't really have anything to gain or money to save by buying used.

For me, YES, a pre-owned Porsche or Hermes are indeed LESS luxurious. It's not like a 2nd hand for any of these 2 items would be ALLLL that much cheaper....
Porsches depreciate about $8000 the first year after the initial purchase--that's roughly equivalent to about eight LV bags. I'd wait a year, buy one second hand, and get eight new LV bags!

I get what people are saying, but it isn't like I'm going to be using my Baggy PM as a syringe. How does one function on a daily basis if he or she does not want anything touching his or her body that other people have used? Thousands of people touch door knobs, doors, windows, chairs, etc.; unless you wear a body condom, your body is bound to come into contact with items that people commonly share.

And maybe i'm getting out of hand here, but what about DHs and BFs? I would think finding a man who hasn't been "used" before is fairly difficult? Okay, I went too far...:nuts:

And maybe i'm getting out of hand here, but what about DHs and BFs? I would think finding a man who hasn't been "used" before is fairly difficult? Okay, I went too far...:nuts:[/quote]

But I did find one of those! lol
I only worry about clothes and handbags. Weird I know.

Porsches depreciate about $8000 the first year after the initial purchase--that's roughly equivalent to about eight LV bags. I'd wait a year, buy one second hand, and get eight new LV bags!

I get what people are saying, but it isn't like I'm going to be using my Baggy PM as a syringe. How does one function on a daily basis if he or she does not want anything touching his or her body that other people have used? Thousands of people touch door knobs, doors, windows, chairs, etc.; unless you wear a body condom, your body is bound to come into contact with items that people commonly share.

And maybe i'm getting out of hand here, but what about DHs and BFs? I would think finding a man who hasn't been "used" before is fairly difficult? Okay, I went too far...:nuts:

Trust me I wish I wasn't the way I am and I could buy used! I would sure be able to save a ton of money! Mine is a condition that I can't change. Like I can't sit in certain seats. I count in my head alot. I am a Wierdo, I know! LOL Hubby still loves me so thats okay! I hide it very very very well anyway. Most people don't even know!

Trust me I wish I wasn't the way I am and I could buy used! I would sure be able to save a ton of money! Mine is a condition that I can't change. Like I can't sit in certain seats. I count in my head alot. I am a Wierdo, I know! LOL Hubby still loves me so thats okay! I hide it very very very well anyway. Most people don't even know!

Sorry, my comment wasn't aimed at you. I totally understand OCD issues, as my sister has OCD, but it extends to safety issues: she has to check EVERY (and I do mean EVERY) drawer, closet, cabinet, and bed (underneath) three times before she goes to sleep. It takes her about an hour; one time, her Dh hid underneath one of the beds and started singing the "oompa loompa" song (she has a phobia of the oompa loompas as well.) She hides her condition fairly well, and only those who are close to her know about it. She is a CPA, so her condition actually helps her out in her profession.

You rock girl!!!:yes::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

Sorry, my comment wasn't aimed at you. I totally understand OCD issues, as my sister has OCD, but it extends to safety issues: she has to check EVERY (and I do mean EVERY) drawer, closet, cabinet, and bed (underneath) three times before she goes to sleep. It takes her about an hour; one time, her Dh hid underneath one of the beds and started singing the "oompa loompa" song (she has a phobia of the oompa loompas as well.) She hides her condition fairly well, and only those who are close to her know about it. She is a CPA, so her condition actually helps her out in her profession.

OMG That sounds so much like me! I haven't (knowingly) met someone with it.

Oh and I so wasn't offended. You're great! I love the regs on the LV forum! I never get offended unless someone makes like a direct attack at me! :smile: Meaning like, Your dumb, stupid, fat etc... LOL Seriously I am so used to people not understanding me! :roflmfao:

I don't mind getting used bags as long as they're in excellent condition. I usually only buy things that are discontinued. For things that are in stores, i just try to save save save to buy it. Nothing beats buying it new, b/c when i take my bag home i have a thing for smelling the leather..and i wouldn't do that with used bags. For bags that i feel like i'm going to keep forever and ever, I like to get them new. For limited edition bags that i like but not enough to buy it in stores, i'll buy used, carry for a while and resell again.

Well I do take offense.. You say you were not offended it's not like they called you fat! Do you have a fat phobia too? I guess you can't change that either? There are a lot of folks that are not thin, and they are just as happy as those who are. We are all not made to be thin...lord knows my best friends are heavy set and also carring the LV, and I would not trade them for anyone. I guess I just can't stand the high maintence of the beauty Queens! I don't know why women fall in to this trap of whos fat and whos not, ohhh look she got fat, isn't she fat? I think it's like saying who's better then who! Lord know weight has nothing to do with the soul and intergirty of a person. As a friend once told me "You can tell the type of heart a person has by the friends they surround themelves with." That makes me smile because I have so many good friends and all different shapes and sizes! I don't mean to go off on my soap box, I am not fat...5 lbs above the norm, but I am offended that women make such judgement calls against other women. As my Husband say "Looks matter for about 10 minutes after that your personality better be able to carry you." Maybe our familyis just are more down to earth, we wear sweats and yes I carry my LV right along with me, I don't wear make up half the time and I feel comfortable with in my own skin. It is a shame more of us ladies can't do the same. Instead we have to be on show at all times...such a shame and waste of life. If we were all confident we would not worry about any of that stuff and enjoy life with are LV on our arm of course! We need to love all our fellow women and stop judging each other.
That is what life is about right?

there's no need to be mad at syntagma... what does it matter if it would upset her if someone called her fat? yes, she's beautiful, but why demean her for being a 'beauty queen'? do you even know her? what has her life been like? i have been both thin and heavy- i've never wanted to be called fat at either weight, and i'll take being thin over heavy any day of the week! fat= many health issues! if i could wave a wand and get rid of my last 25 lbs of baby weight, i would! this really isn't the arena for this topic, anyway. imo, syntagma was just chatting with her purse friends, not saying fat ppl are bad! lighten up and enjoy lv!

Hey Lola, I like buying used believe it or not lol. I think the money you can get knocked off can buy me another bag :graucho: lol . I dont allways have the money to buy the item "New" from the shop but If I did, I would probably be the same. I think that If you buy your first LV from the Shop then thats where you will probably get most from but as for me...Its Ebay. I go to the shop sometimes and buy some things but Ebay is great for the things I cant afford :flowers:

Well I do take offense.. You say you were not offended it's not like they called you fat! Do you have a fat phobia too? I guess you can't change that either? There are a lot of folks that are not thin, and they are just as happy as those who are. We are all not made to be thin...lord knows my best friends are heavy set and also carring the LV, and I would not trade them for anyone. I guess I just can't stand the high maintence of the beauty Queens! I don't know why women fall in to this trap of whos fat and whos not, ohhh look she got fat, isn't she fat? I think it's like saying who's better then who! Lord know weight has nothing to do with the soul and intergirty of a person. As a friend once told me "You can tell the type of heart a person has by the friends they surround themelves with." That makes me smile because I have so many good friends and all different shapes and sizes! I don't mean to go off on my soap box, I am not fat...5 lbs above the norm, but I am offended that women make such judgement calls against other women. As my Husband say "Looks matter for about 10 minutes after that your personality better be able to carry you." Maybe our familyis just are more down to earth, we wear sweats and yes I carry my LV right along with me, I don't wear make up half the time and I feel comfortable with in my own skin. It is a shame more of us ladies can't do the same. Instead we have to be on show at all times...such a shame and waste of life. If we were all confident we would not worry about any of that stuff and enjoy life with are LV on our arm of course! We need to love all our fellow women and stop judging each other.
That is what life is about right?

Oh Good Grief ! :rolleyes:

I love your last comment.:roflmfao: :roflmfao: Although, it is so true.:yes: