Buying "sort of looks like" your favorite bag...

1. Hi everyone! I want to know what happens when you buy an "almost looks like" bag because you can't afford the one you really want. I'm not talking about copies or fakes here. For instance, I want a Lanvin Kansas, but that's $1895. So, there's a Miu Miu Napa Spring bag that sort of is the same style. Do I go for the Miu Miu at half the price? Will I be satisfied because it is "sort of like" the Lanvin Kansas? For me, the answer is no. I always end up unhappy. And then spending again to get the real thing. What have your experiences been?

2. I agree with you. I will always feel a bit dissatisfied with my purchase, since deep down, I will know that I didn't get what I really wanted. So I would probably get my first choice later if I could anyway.

3. This has happened to me and I always end up wishing I had my first choice. Save up.

4. Try as I might-I could never spend that kind of money on a bag. I just watch and hope for NM, BG, or Saks to put it on sale and grab it. That is a lot of "dinero" to spend on one bag-I'm too old to justify it in the big scheme of things with one son still in college.:yes:

5. most of the times, replacements'll never work

6. Never settle! You will love it even more if you have to save up and wait.

7. ITA

8. Sounds like you know you're not going to be totally happy with the Miu Miu...$1000 is too much to spend on a bag you're not totally in love with, guess you have to save...:smile:

9. i have to hold and play with both to know. these days i go for what i want. and ONLY exactly what i want.

10. i agree, go for what you really, really like......