Home & Garden Buying sheets-Need advice

Cecilia2

O.G.
Mar 26, 2007
Does anyone have knowledge on bedding...sheets...etc?

I'm trying to find thicker white sheets that feel like nicer Hotel sheets. I like that crispy, cool feeling rather than silky soft. Is that percale?

Any advice would be appreciated. TIA

i buy sheets from Overstock.com, the higher the thread count, the less silky..sometimes they have to be washed a few times to get the desired feel.

600 tc and over are nice

YOu can get a nice set at Bed, BAth and Beyond for about $60. I think it is called the Hotel Collection or something like that. If you watch for the coupons, you can get 20% off. The coupons are EVERYWHERE. They are often on sale for $80 and then you use the coupon on top of that. I refuse to buy really expensive sheets because my husband picks at his fingers until he bleeds and he gets it on the sheets. I know, it's gross. Sorry.

Thanks everyone!

I think the RH will work for 18". The ones I want are 379.00 for a King set. They are made in Italy. I am really bummed that I missed Friends and Family @ RH! :sad:

I have been hearing great things about Macy's Hotel Collection 600 and 800 threadcount sheets. Bloomies Hudson Park are supposed to be the same sheets.. folks say skip the 500, go for the 600, and 800 if you want to splurge.

They seem thicker than Restoration Hardware's ...I have the whole set of Paradigm 464, but have not washed them yet.

Macy's has that coupon sale right now.

there's one hotel chain, either Sheraton or Marriott, where you can go online and buy their set of linens. I can't remember which one it was, i just remember my boss coming back from a business trip where she stayed at a new sheraton or marriott (probably marriott) and loooooved their sheets and comforters and was told she could buy them online on their website.

edit: found it! it's marriott http://www.shopmarriott.com/bedding...gory1Level=0&category1Name=Bedding+Collection

if that doesn't work just goto www.shopmarriott.com

Thanks everyone for the help!

because I have to spend on other people right now...I didn't get the RH sheets and duvet cover that I wanted....maybe on the next F&F. ;)

I ended up ordering the sheets from Thomas Lee, and the duvet cover from The Company Store. If anyone is interested I will post reviews when they arrive.