Buying/selling Chanel missing card or hologram - thoughts?

Yeah, that is the correct bag.

A lot of people have been inquiring about it but haven't bought. My only conclusion is that they know better. I guess I will have to pass on it until more information is given.

Just remember that Chanel handbags were copied in the 80s and 90s so some of those "vintage" deals are old fakes and that is why there is no sticker or card because they didn't make them then (for the fakes). It is also possible that with some of the older bags that the sticker came off but not as often as E-bay sellers would have you think. :rant:

Im new to buying preloved and am only entering this market now due to the drastic drop on the Canadian dollar. (Can't wait for it to get better so I can shop in the states and invest in the American economy lol).

I'm interested in a WOC that I saw by a local Canadian consignment store, however the bag only has the dustbag and no authenticity card. Any opinions? Would that be a major concern for you?

The lack of card should be reflected in the price, but lack of card doesn't ways equal not authentic. I have several Chanel's from my mum that don't have cards and my early Chanel's I didn't keep the cards for as it never crossed my mind at 21 that I may sell them! I also have some Hermes from my
Grandmother that I only know are real post having the, refurbished - the Constance is not even branded on the outside as, per Hermes in Paris, their bags that are 30odd years in age and older were not always branded, especially if they were special orders which was common at the time. Can you have it authentic fixated or looking at it, can you judge? Does the owner of the store have any background from the consigner? They can often tell from the other items from the same consigner over time if they think it is real or not..and they should be worried about their own reputation and not wanting to sell fakes..

There are many bags that are authentic that no longer have their cards or packaging, just as their are many bags that are replicas that come with a card and packaging. So I wouldn't say the lack of a card is a deal breaker as far as authenticity is concerned. If you are someone who likes to have the entire package with your bag or intends to resell one day, then I would want the card. It is definitely easier to resell a bag with the card because people associate the card with authenticity, even if it is a false association.

The bag comes from a reputable consignment store that sells a lot of bags so I am pretty certain that it is an authentic bag.

I just worry that it will feel like an incomplete bag without an authenticity card. Perhaps I will wait to see if the store drops the price a little bit more. It s not a significant price savings and can wait.

Im new to buying preloved and am only entering this market now due to the drastic drop on the Canadian dollar. (Can't wait for it to get better so I can shop in the states and invest in the American economy lol).

I'm interested in a WOC that I saw by a local Canadian consignment store, however the bag only has the dustbag and no authenticity card. Any opinions? Would that be a major concern for you?

Personally I only buy preloved if it comes in a complete set with box, dust bag and authenticity card. Its not because of authenticity but because I love to collect chanel and I like my items as a complete set :smile:

For anyone out there who is bidding or contemplating a bid on a web site www.shop goodwill.com. They are currently selling a donated new CHANEL handbag with heading, Authenticated Chanel Mauve Purse w/Chain Handles(37893241). Current bid $1,000 with 5-days to go.
The store is located in Reading, PA. THIS HANDBAG was authenticated by "******************". I contacted the store for the hologram or serial and there response was,
"The company that authenticated this purse stated real but the hologram is missing.". This made me question!
I am just interested if anyone out there would purchase a CHANEL without a hologram.
I have added pics. I am NOT trying to authenticate. Just curious!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 410
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 414
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 420
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 407
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 412
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 411
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 430
I'm happy buying preloved. But I haven't bought a bag without the hologram sticker and highly doubt that I would do so in the future.

My concern with not having the sticker wouldn't be about how I'd feel about the bag. It would be that it would make the bag hard to sell if I got tired of it. And, I wouldn't want to wait eons for it to move or take a big hit on the price.

The only case in which I could see that I could possibly buy Chanel without the sticker is if it was an extremely good deal on a very rare piece that I'd been hunting for a while and didn't think I could get any other way. And really, I don't see this scenario coming up ever.

Yes. I got my beautiful grey caviar m/l classic from a consignment store in Paris. It was from an employee sale, so no hologram but an 's' mark. I have had it authenticated and it is perfect. The soft grey I had been looking for, forever.
I'd advise you to have it authenticated (it looks like it has been).

Reactions: Bags_4_life