Buying "new" Bags...

Would it bother you if your brand new bag wasn't so new?

• Yes it would!!!

• No, I don't really care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have bought a couple of sale bags knowing about a slight defect and thinking it wouldn't bother me because the price was so great. Then I get it home, and all I did was obsess about the defects! I'm a freak!! Finally I just give up using the bags out of frustration.

I recently went out to buy a Prada washbag that I liked the look of, the only one available had a stain on the front Because I was in a shopping mood I bought it, only got 10% discount, i figured that I would likely spill something on it at some point so why worry. I got it home and tried to remove the stain. Stain is still there plus it has faded where I tried to remove the stain so looks awful. If I hadn't been so impatient I could have ordered a perfect one or waited for the sales. Now I can't look at it as I feel so annoyed with myself that I spent £120 on something that is damaged. (i have to get over that and start using it)arrrrgggggg has anyone else done anything like this?

As someone who is FOREVER buying things and then returning them, I think I have a slightly different opinion. I don't think there is anything wrong with buying a bag and then putting my stuff in it to see how it fits. I do that at stores, and I do that at home. I wouldn't feel the slightest bit bad about doing that and returning it. To me, that's no different than trying on clothes or walking around (in doors) in shoes.

That being said, I would NEVER return a bag that I've actually worn, any more than I would clothes or shoes. Once something is used, that's that and I either keep it or sell it.

Kathy, I agree with you. It would gross me out though if I found a hair or mints or something else in a bag!!! At the very least, the SAs should examine the returned bags!

I just received a bag from bluefly. I put it on my shoulder and back into the box it went. It's not for me. However, it came with a tag attached to it which read once the tag is removed, you cannot return the bag.

I thought that was a good idea!

If I paid the full retail price for a bag, I would expect it to be brand new. I tend to keep the tags on until I actually decide to use it then I cut the tags off. I rarely return bags and if I do, they're returned exactly the way they were sold to me ... brand new.

I also test drive new bags when I get them and put a few things in there, walk around the house with it on, etc., but I'm VERY careful not to damage it (you'd think you would be careful with it anyway, whether or not you're keeping it!). I can't believe someone could actually wear it enough to damage it and then still be able to return it to the store. You'd have to think that these people do it on purpose...hide the tags on the bags and use them for a while knowing that they will eventually return it. Too bad the stores don't seem to take closer looks at returned bags either.

Yes I only buy new bags. If there were any noticable signs of use I would send it back. I am considering buying used off EBay in the future though... If it is listed as brand new it better be!

As a person who sometimes regrets a purchase, I try bags on with tags in the house and if I don't like do send back but I make sure no damage, marks, stains, etc. to the bag. I purchase a lot over the internet and sometimes it's hard to tell what the bag looks like until it's in your hands.

I just wanted to add: I don't mind a returned bag if all the person did was take it out - try it on, etc....

BUT, if the bag has wear, or you can tell that it was seriously "test driven", then I would mind.

I don't need a bag to be spanking new - unless that is what I have paid for - and then its a definite.

On one occassion I bought a purse that was described as new, never used - even though they patently were not (debris etc). :tdown: Even though I got it for a steal - and was well worth the money I paid - the fact that the seller lied has left a bag taste in my mouth - and I ended up giving it to the Goodwill.:sad: