Buying "new" Bags...

?

Would it bother you if your brand new bag wasn't so new?

1. Yes it would!!!

2. No, I don't really care.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I recently received the wrong bag and so I had to send it back. Before sending it back, I did carefully look it over, put in on my shoulder and looked at the mirror...just to make sure I didn't want to keep it.

I know other women put their stuff in bags to see it it fits everything, others wear the bag around the house for a day or two to test drive it. There are others who go as far as actually using the bag and then deciding they didn't like it and then returning it.

How do you feel about that? Would it upset you to discover that your brand new bag wasn't so new???

2. Of course! I care very much how the bag's condition is when I received my purchase. If it has signs of worn or been carried, I won't have a second thought but return it.

3. Yes, that is why I only buy new.

4. I agree. I expect a bag to be in pristine condition when I receive it, and I check the lining and inner pockets to make sure there is no debris. I check the outside to make sure there are not scratches or scuffs. If I am paying new price, it had better be brand new!

5. If I'm paying for a new bag, I expect it to be new. However, I have no problem with buying a "like new" bag at a discount as long as it's advertised as such.

6. I expect the bag to be in pristine condition, nothing less.

7. Yes, I prefer brand new, never used. I have purchased a used bag in the past and wasn't happy with it.

8. I prefer brand new too! i once purchased a used bag off e-bay that was supposedly in 'as new condition- used once'. well god knows how that woman uses her bags because from one use (apparently!)it had biro marks on the inside and lipstick stains - YUCK! Went straight back!
    I have sent bags back but the most I've done is worn them on my shoulder in front of the mirror and maybe put a few of my belongings in to see how it hangs. i would never take the tags off or wear the bag outside.
    I like to be a bags first owner!

9. It would definitely bother me if the bag was advertised as new and arrived clearly used. I don't mind getting a used bag, as long as I know it in advance. As a buyer, I don't like being misinformed about my purchase. If this would happen, I would return or ask for a discount.

10. Well, for the most part yes...I do mind and when buying new, I ask for the ones with the plastic still on...

I will take ones on display if nothing else is available but only if it looks flawless, even though its been handled and looked over....

11. Yup, I totally agree.

12. Someone posted on the Balenciaga forum a while ago that she was at Neiman Marcus and asked to see a certain bag. The SA showed her the bag. The poster unzipped it to look at the inside and she found a LONG HAIR in the bag!!!! :wtf: I don't remember what else was in the bag- I seem to recall a penny in one of the pockets (but maybe I'm wrong).

Clearly the bag had been used but the SA was adament that it wasn't. I know NM has a very easy return policy which can be great on one side and yucky on the other side. The SA was not apologetic nor did she offer a discount.

I guess you can't ever really be sure unless you see such evidence :nuts:

13. Someone posted on the Balenciaga forum a while ago that she was at Neiman Marcus and asked to see a certain bag. The SA showed her the bag. The poster unzipped it to look at the inside and she found a LONG HAIR in the bag!!!! :wtf: I don't remember what else was in the bag- I seem to recall a penny in one of the pockets (but maybe I'm wrong).

Clearly the bag had been used but the SA was adament that it wasn't. I know NM has a very easy return policy which can be great on one side and yucky on the other side. The SA was not apologetic nor did she offer a discount.

I guess you can't ever really be sure unless you see such evidence :nuts:

14. I received a bag that had definitely been used with mints in the pocket and they left a quarter inside it-I sent it back to them with a note telling them that it had been used and they needed to look over their handbags that were returned. It was a Chloe from NM.:confused1:

15. If the bag had been advertised as brand new then yes it would upset me.