Buying makeup: a chore or a treat?

I'm not big on makeup so I feel neutral about it. I just wear tinted moisturizer and a bit of concealer around the eyes. I used to wear blush but felt like it was too much haha.

I do however get excited by moisturizers, serums etc.

Reactions: coniglietta
Buying makeup is totally a treat - if not counting my constant hunt for a better foundation. Ever since Dr. Hauschka renewed their foundation and magically lost 2 of their lightest shades, I've been on the hunt...I hate it. Buy, try, regret, try to reboot my skin -> repeat.

Such a treat :love: love the packaging and pretty colors. Ever since I was a little girl. Obsessed with the bags, then I need pretty things to put in the bags.

If I had perfect skin, rosebud lips, long thick eyelashes I wouldn't wear make up. But I don't so there are certain products that I need. I have finally stopped believing in hype as I got older, those products advertised by a beautiful 18 year old are not going to make my (skin, eyes, lips etc.) look like that. I enjoy trying a new product but I always read reviews first as I hate waste. So it's a treat in the sense that I need it and hey it actually works.

I can see where you're coming from... when I was young and was exploring makeup looks and trends it was a real treat. These days I know most of the products that work for me, bar a few (still looking for a full coverage concealer pale enough for my skintone that works with oily skin) so buying these items does seem like a chore sometimes - but I can budget more appropriately for makeup so that doesn't make it a bad thing at all :smile: I still really enjoy looking at new palettes and colours but can't really see myself using them on a daily basis.

Reactions: Grande Latte